Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Oh the poor lad hope he's OK - and you as well! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:16 pm 
Secretly Canadian

Josephine wrote:
Im gonna get flogged for saying this

It's those little bastards who should be getting flogged.

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:31 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Bloody hell, Josephine, this really is dreadful. I hope they get caught :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:06 pm 
Ticky wrote:
Oh no - your poor boy. He must be feeling dreadful at the moment. Do you know who did it this time? :(

no idea who it was this time but one of the other lads said he recognised a boy from his school...this means big trouble if they are at the same school. weve just got back from another video interview...the people next door must think we are a right bunch, getting in and out of so many police cars.
ive sent me lad off to hathersage to my folks for a few days. He needs a bit of time out and hes making me a window box for mothers day, bless him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:20 pm 
Hawleytastic!

oh God - just picked up on this thread - the little b**tards. When my kids were in their teens I used to worry more about my daughter and generally knew the lads would be alright but things have changed so much over the last ten years or so ...

I agree with the comments others have made - there doesn't seem to be any deterrent, little respect for authority and the minority seem to be getting away with doing as they want. It seems the perpetrators have more rights than the victims of crime these days.

I hope your boy is OK and hope it doesn't spill over into school.

Post subject: So sorry
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:59 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I'm also just reading this now, I don't get to all the threads. I'm so sorry to hear this, but know that you are a wonderful Mom and it should mean so much that there are caring people all over.

I'm increasingly horrified by behavior, both criminal and general around me. I was wondering in the past few years if it's just age, so I'm an old bitty and notice it, but I don't think I've changed all so much from 30s to 40s. It's awful how much bad parenting there is, but I also suspect it's a combination of that and being surrounded by endless TVs and games and phones tuning people out to others. (And I don't want to trivialize your pain with my crackpot theories, but I also suspect chemicals around and in us as well.)

~ K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:44 am 
Hawleytastic!

Sorry and sad (again) to hear of your boy's second ordeal. :( Hope he gets over the these events quickly. Young people are usually pretty resciliant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:53 pm 
ive been busy...
rang my local mp and cabinet member to insist some cctv cameras are put up in these areas. the council have only 2 legal places to do graffiti art, my son and his mates were mugged and assaulted in both places. I want action also for decisions about building or allowing more of these places. the council shell out loads of money to get rid of graffiti in the city, surley it would make sense to make more of these legal art places.
ive also been to see my sons headteacher, whom wasnt much help (even though 2 of the lads from the last attacking attend my sons school) but at least he can warn the pupils to stay away from these areas.
ive also written to chief inspector down at west bar police station, explaining of my concern and distress at whats happened and have asked for "mobos" (mobile cameras that the police can put up) to be errected untill the council get their finger out and get some permenent ones.
Ive have asked richard for help in contacting Banksy, as im sure he could support this in some way.
will update you when i know more.

the good news is that after the first mugging , 2 people have been arrested and have been positivley ID'd..they denied it so we will be going to court.

Im seriously thinking of moving to france with my folks.. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:27 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I am so sorry for you and your son Josephine - there is a real undercurrent of violence particularly in Sharrow at the moment - check out the threads on Sheffield Forum. As I've said before the vast majority of kids whatever their background are decent and would not dream of behaving so dreadfully - but there is an increasingly unpleasent 'gang' culture where bullying and violence is seem as soically acceptable.
I've got two daughters and spend most of my life shipping them around - it's probably harder to lay down the law with boys..I hope your son is recovering......Bas****s!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Oh Josephine I have just read all of this and can't believe its happened twice ! I was in the middle of replying to the original post when i got cut off and logged back on, only to read about the 2nd ordeal !! you're poor lad, i am so sorry for you all, its a bloody nightmare! my friends son is 12 and was mugged the other week on his way home from school, all for a fiver and his mobile!
I hope your lad is well and justice is served, the bastards !!! Trouble is they just get let off with a bloody caution and do it all again... at least you've taken the bull by the horns and are trying to get something done about it all , good luck ! all my love x