[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Richard Hawley • View topic - student riots

Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

The mass protest wasn't meant to be anywhere near where Prince Charles was being driven, Argyll Street where the Palladium is and Oxford Street are well away from where the march was taking place but protesters decided to go elsewhere once they were curtailed at Parliament Square.

I daresay Top Shop and Carphone Warehouse are not too happy about the destruction of their windows - something else I doubt the students were involved in.

Undoubtedly there were the usual people in the protest who are only there to stir things up and cause damage.

https://www.facebook.com/CousteauXmusic ... ks&qsefr=1
https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:45 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hope for the future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U_gHUiL4P8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:48 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:12 pm 
Regular

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:34 pm 
I need a life

I always believed that the job of the police is to uphold the Law. To me it seems that today's police force believe that they are the Law. A subtle difference. You only have to watch some of the reality cop shows on TV and the police come across as no more than just another gang on the streets. Anyone who regularly goes to a football match will probably be all too aware of how intimidatory the police can be if they want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:08 pm 
I need a life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:37 pm 
The Boss

the thing thats important to remember about non violent protest is that when you have a peaceful protest it starkly highlights the extreme's in the behaviour of the protesters and the police........in this case it is easy for the police to give justifiable cause for their heavy handed tactics because some folks were violent.........Student or not,Numpties throwing stuff in a protest is enough of an excuse to provide the police these days with a perfect opportunity to crack a walnut.......with a massive hammer.....it seems that any protest is highjacked in our not so brave new world by any fuck wit with a grudge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:18 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:55 pm 
Too much time on my hands

looks like someone got badly beaten, lets hope he is ok

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 56207.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:34 pm 
The Boss

yes i saw that on the news,he hardly looks like a chap that could threaten a police officer armed with either a truncheon or a riot batton does he???????????poor kid.

Thanks for the tip on the book Helen i will look out for it....however,and i know you sort of said this already,i can't possibly equate the student situation with Jews returning from the horrors of the war and the camps and reacting to seeing the blackshirts walking the streets of London.It was,i think,the right thing to do.After all they had been through who wouldn't react like that?My next door neighbours at my Mum and Dad's old house were Jewish Londoners who used to tell me stories about hand to hand fighting on the streets with the black shirts.......they were from Cricklewood though which isn't the same area.They had two massive brass cannon shells next to their open coal fire for years until my Dad discovered they were still bloody live......we all left that house in a hurry we got the police out to sort it out..........and there you go..........who you going to call for an unexploded bomb in your house?Clegg?.........a musician?...........a student?.......nah......a copper.........odd isn't it our world?and riot police are very different to beat bobbies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

The police who handled the evacuation of our flats tonight (see tedium corner) were extremely helpful. Usually they come into the block to turf out the drug takers/dealers that get in, tonight it was to get everybody out in case the gas cylinders went up.

The attitude of some residents arriving as we were being evacuated however, was not good. Refusing to go and trying to push past, being mouthy and aggressive.

Some of the riot police do seem to be a bit 'trigger happy' and just saw a bit on the news where one does seem to hit a student without reason, but the scenario starts with the policeman lashing out so we don't get to see what (if any) provocation there was for that action.

Let's hope any investigation is done openly and honestly.

https://www.facebook.com/CousteauXmusic ... ks&qsefr=1
https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:45 am 
Hawleytastic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:10 pm 
The Boss

that is most kind of you re the book i will look out for it too ta flower ..>

It seems now that the dust has settled a bit the student riots look a little closer to six of one and half a dozen of the other........although i still maintain the students were right.........and you shouldn't charge folks with horses.....that is insane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:32 am 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:15 am 
Regular

Some proocative images of the violence here -

(Image 7 onwards...)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next