Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:39 pm 
The Boss

Now i know you may be shocked by the header for this post but just take a read of this article

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk:80/ ... _1_2903737

I am in total agreement,why should being a teenager mean you should have to deal with this bollocks?The inventor of this device is a Nazi and anyone who puts these devices up is a Nazi as well..........i mean it....this is evil,its like 1984 on twisted drugs and paranoia.......i am so chuffed that our council has seen the wisdom in prevention and not in hammering kids just because they are kids.There ARE teenagers that are a pain in the arse,there are some who are severely anti social and even dangerous but these are a minority,why should mine and other decent kids suffer because of idiots and adults refusal to deal with the root causes of it all?its a rare thing i say this but"Bob on Sheff council"

..>

I am also aware before you say anything,that this could be a financial issue but either way its the right thing to do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:02 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

A few years ago Newcastle City Council started playing Barry Manilow and Barbra Streisand songs in bus stations and other public places, with the express intention of stopping large gatherings of teenagers ( whether they were bad ones or not, I guess).

It worked and was marginally less evil than that idea.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:46 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Well done Sheffield City Council! I am sick to death of teenagers being painted as uncaring, inconsiderate hooligans who are just out to cause trouble - we never hear of the majority of teenagers who are caring and considerate human beings - give 'em a break for God's sake! It is heartening to see Sheffield show the human side and focus on prevention - and lowest figures for 3 years - must be doing something right then! Good for them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:18 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Blimey, I had no idea such things existed. Imagine if you were a parent with a young child or baby and you wander into one of those areas and your child suddenly becomes distressed and you have no idea why because you're over 25 and can't hear the noise?!

This mosquito contraption is wrong on so, so many levels.

I'm gonna find out what my council's position is on them. The world's gone mad.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

madness, I am convinced at some futurepoint in time life on this planet will resemble a cross between the films 1984 and Soylent Green.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:03 am 
The Boss

oh god that film is very disturbing but very good.yeah the fact some evil shit has actually taken a hell of a lot of time to design this instrument of control is fucking wrong but more worrying is the fact that shitty people are allowed to use them........its wrong wrong wrong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:45 am 
Hawleytastic!

If the behaviour of gangs of youths in public areas was so good why bother even considering creating such devices let alone installing them?
More police on the beat might be a better deterrent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:42 am 
Too much time on my hands

It would be a handy device to have though if you're fighting you way through a crowd of young people to get a drink at the bar. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:48 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Devices like this are a typical knee jerk reaction; Instead of tackling the problem head on, all (in this case) teenagers are targeted. There are far more good than bad youngsters, so why should the good ones be victims of such stupidity?

A rediculous idea created and endorsed by equally rediculous people. Go! Sheff Council for kicking the idea out.

What is it about gatherings of young people that older generations find intimidating? Agreed, there will always be core troublemakers but most are pleasant people. I pass several groups when walking to and from work and they are nothing more than happy, carefree and enthusiastic about life. I see far more beauty in young people than I do agression.

Cheers, Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

I suspect they were created to disperse the gangs that hang around - where stabbings etc. occur. In some areas of London any collection of youths is assumed to be gang related.

We have youths desperate to be in the common parts of our flats, usually the stairwell which is in a dreadful state as they use it as a dining area, toilet, drug taking etc. People are frightened to challenge them, although I have to say whenever I have asked them to leave they do so without argument. We've recently had to install emergency lighting on the stairs (after the tower block fire in South London the fire brigade have insisted on lots of changes in flats), and the lights have a permanently on green light - since that appeared we've had less of a problem with intruders so I suspect they think the lights are more than just lights. 8)

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:30 pm 
I need a life

completely unrelated in a way- but the toilets at the local supermarket have blue lights... it was soooo creepy (i dont really hang out there much, hence the surprise). my theory is Coloured lights make young people creep out- and drugs only enhance the creep factor (or so ive been told) :shock: