Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:18 pm 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

The Big Society Theme Park......coming soon to 'your' forest.....

Of course I'll sign it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:44 pm 
I need a life

hopefully this can be avoided... for what my australian opinion is worth i signed- disgusting... plenty of other things to sell off before forests...
Hopefully this isn't a glimpse into the future vvv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm 
The Boss

beyond horrific

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:27 am 
Too much time on my hands

signed and shared, remember seeing this on the news, there was a demonstration lots of people incensed and rightly so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:42 am 
Hawleytastic!

Did anyone see Question Time last night from Workington? The audience ate the coalition fool alive about this. Just nobody thinks it a good idea – it's going to cost them more to do it, the local communities don't want it, it's obviously just a transfer of assets to private companies. If any of you up-North types fancy a day out, there is a protest the first weekend of half term. And you can download posters to put up in support from:

and

http://38degrees.org.uk/pages/save_our_ ... _resources

I think if everybody did something in their community, we could finish this thing off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:52 pm 
The Boss

thanks as always Helen,the problem is that they will sell the land to private companies to~"manage"the woodlands and take the management of our forests and woodlands to folk with nowhere near as much experience as the woodland trust and the forestry commission have gained over years and years of doing it.Also there is a worrying lack of accountability in these situations like we have seen in other publicly owned bodies that have been sold off like the rail networks for a start.....i mean they've done a great job of our rail transport system haven't they :roll: .........and like so many folks i hate the idea of not being allowed the simple pleasure of walking in the woods without loads of bullshit to deal with..........the most horrifying thing for me though is that since the enclosures act of 1805 most of the common land has virtually gone and our ancestors fought so hard for us to have all these pleasures we take for granted......and SHOULD take for granted.......and now those bastards will claim it all back from us with a simple crooked act of parliament........makes me rather hot under the collar :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Well said that man. We live quite near Epping Forest and me and the boys go for a walk in the woods most weekends. We walk, we talk, we laugh, we build dens, pick blackberries, put up tree swings. It doesn't cost anything and it gets them out in the air and uses up their energy. And it reminds them how much they like each other, something that gets forgotten in this insular little world of Wii and Nintendo. And it makes us all happy, something even Cameron is telling us we don't have enough of.
It's ideological for these people, it's a sell off for sell offs sake, private good, public bad.
Just by coincidence, we're going away at half term to the Lakes, up a mountain, and the protest is just a few miles away. We're going with a gang of friends and their kids and boys are just enraged at the idea that nature could ever be owned. You are right, Richard, our ancestors fought so hard to give us some rights to roam, the least we can do is fight for our children. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:18 pm 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

helenwatson wrote:
. It doesn't cost anything and it gets them out in the air and uses up their energy.

Yes...& fires up their imaginations....I recently introduced my boy to 'Wistman's Wood' on Dartmoor..he hasn't stopped talking about it since...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:59 pm 

Once they've sold the woodlands and forests it will probably be the city centre parks that they aim for next.
Fancy buying a season ticket Richard to take Fred for a walk in your local park? Sorry, I meant "their" local park.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:45 pm 
Hawleytastic!

the sunday times today reports that the forestry commission had, under instruction from the government, sold off 44 woodland sites comprising 4,000 acres BEFORE announcing the proposed mass sell off of other sites.

this was done without consulting the local populace, and WITHOUT any safeguards regarding public access.

almost all were bought by private investors.

they are even bigger bastards than we thought.

and this is in the sunday times, even they don't seem to like their own party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:07 pm 

I cannot believe this 'Government' - they seem hell bent on destroying everything which the public gain some kind of benefit from - be it the Health service,education, public service or the benefits we might get from going into the countryside. We won't even feel safe in our houses as the police service is getting hit as bad as everybody else -even Mrs Thatcher understood the need for a good level of policing when she decimated manufacturing industry in the 80s -this lot don't seem to have any foresight or strategic planning. I'm scared for my children's futures.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:40 pm 
Hawleytastic!

http://twitpic.com/3xfge1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:07 pm 
The Boss

you can check here to find out how your MP voted last Wednesday,my MP is Nick Clegg.........he voted to sell off the forests......... :evil: which i am somewhat stunned to find out i didn't think he would stoop so bloody low,he really has lost ANY sense of principal and meaning in anything he does,it makes me so fucking angry.You can send an email asking why,if of course they did,vote to sell off the forests and woodlands and ask them to reconsider,the awful reality of this coming to pass is so hard to get my head round it is reckless and arrogant to say the least.

http://blog.38degrees.org.uk/2011/01/24 ... ur-mp-say/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:06 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

MP for my area voted to sell, too :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:56 am 
Hawleytastic!

So did mine! But there were only three Tories and four Lib Dems in the whole country who voted against. What is fucking wrong with these people? Read a comment in the Guardian from a lord and even he said this bill could be their poll tax.
PS And that 38 degrees site is great, on loads of campaigns and proper useful too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next