Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:21 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but one really does have to be virtually looking over the shoulder of the medical staff. I'm not suggesting that they're not competent, but things get missed so easily and then it grows like Chinese whispers. For example my late partner could easily have been stuck with a high dose of steroids over a long period, as they were prescribed temporarily for a brain tumour which was suspected but thankfully never existed. No one thought to get it taken off the medication list!

You may well have had this suggestion too, but I hope you don't mind me mentioning it here. The best treatment we got was from the hospice. Now don't freak at the word - it's not just for people at the end of life - they have many treatments & supportive therapies - proper ones, not 'alternative' stuff, which can have amazing benefits for people being treated for cancer. They know their onions & they listen, and then try things which they know will help. Once again, my partner was completely 'round the bend' with a mineral imbalance for weeks. Wasn't safe to be left with a kettle, even. The GP helpfully pointed out that ''we all do things like forget what we went into a room for....'' The Hospice consultant knew instantly what the problem was & fixed it within two hours. I'd requested that they got involved earlier, but was told by the GP that this could only happen ''at the patient's request''. The patient who is currently lost in their own confused world..... Sorry for rambling off there, but I think you'll see what I'm getting at.

Anyway, hopefully your wife will start to feel a bit more normal now. Take care x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:40 pm 
Hawleytastic!

bloody hell lofty, that must have been tough. we go see the consultant on monday so a few things will be pointed out at that meeting. we see the surgeon on tuesday to see when they will operate. i'll bear the hospice in mind if she goes downhill again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:18 am 

You kind of cope with it when you're in the middle of it all though, don't you. Hope all goes well at your appointments next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:03 am 
Hawleytastic!

Best wishes MPH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:50 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Wishing you and the missus a better week next week with positive outcomes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:44 am 
Hawleytastic!

how much can a person take? she's now allergic to the hormone tablets that she's supposed to take for 5 years. she's broken out in a red rash on her face and hands, itches everywhere, hands and face are swollen, has chronic indigestion on top of everything else that was wrong.

i'm staying up all night to make sure she's okay in case i have to take her into hospital again. have to ring them again in the morning. 'in a barrel', 'i'm on nights' and 'the nights are cold' amongst others are currently keeping me going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:56 am 

With you all the way mph. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:18 am 
Hawleytastic!

cheers lofty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:41 am 

No Probs.
Inspired (if that's the right expression) by this situation, and trying to take my own advice, I have just emailed my Mum's GP practice to try & get a sensible answer as to how she can make an appointment. Sounds simple doesn't it, but there's the inevitable barrage of 'press 1 for this, 2 for that' etc, before you even get to the stroppy, inarticulate receptionist. My Mum could do with a chat with the Doctor, but is inevitably put off by all the hoops there are to jump through. She 'doesn't want to trouble anyone' . Think it's time I troubled the buggers!

Anyway, less of my axe to grind :*:

Take care :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:49 am 
The Boss

loftyeric2 wrote:
You kind of cope with it when you're in the middle of it all though, don't you. Hope all goes well at your appointments next week.

Yes........you do wise words Lofty dear boy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

natwest have just been in touch about our critical illness policy. they've put kim down as a non smoker on the policy by mistake and we didn't notice. they say the policy is now null and void and the difference we should have been paying is 'significant'. i cannot take any more of this.

actually we did notice. found a letter from may 13th 2003 that says that we rang them at 17:45pm and told them the policy was wrong. all the woman said was that we'd been paying the lower premium. i've got the times financial troubleshooter investigating this so please keep your fingers crossed for us. something has to go our way soon doesn't it? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:55 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Jeeeez mph... I've got everything crossed for you. You can't be expected, in light of everything else, to be spending that much time scrutinising bank statements for stuff you thought you had already sorted. Good luck with the Times guy and everything else xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:01 am 
Hawleytastic!

Hope you sort out the insurance, they are in the business of paying out as little as possible, don't let them wriggle out of paying you. Also hope you wife is feeling better and the allergy symptons have gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:17 am 
Hawleytastic!

Mick, as ever, my thoughts are with you and Kim. If I had a single wish granted to me at the moment, it would be to sort things out for you two x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:49 am 

Exactly what Susie said - don't let them wriggle out of it :evil:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next