Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/johnnymarrjaguar

Might be of interest to some of you

Fender is very proud to introduce the Johnny Marr signature Jaguar® guitar. Marr is best known, of course, as the strikingly dynamic and influential anti-hero guitarist-arranger-all-around-musical-wunderkind behind Manchester quartet the Smiths, which virtually redefined and ruled U.K. pop throughout the 1980s. A master of melody, layering and texture, Marr has always brought his own instantly identifiable ringing, jangling genius to the proceedings, as he has done in post-Smiths stints with The The, Electronic, the Pretenders and Johnny Marr and the Healers, and right up to the present with Modest Mouse, the Cribs and innumerable guest appearances.

Specialized features include custom-wound Bare Knuckle® Johnny Marr single-coil neck and bridge pickups; custom-shaped maple neck based on Marr’s 1965 Jaguar, with vintage-style truss rod, lacquer finish and Marr’s signature on the front of the headstock; four-position blade-style pickup switch mounted to the lower-horn chrome plate (bridge, bridge and neck in parallel, neck, bridge and neck in series); two upper-horn slide switches (universal bright and pickup switch position four bright); Jaguar bridge with Mustang® saddles, nylon bridge post inserts for improved stability, chrome cover and vintage-style floating tremolo tailpiece; and “taller” tremolo arm with arm-sleeve nylon insert to prevent arm swing.

Accessories include a custom case with blue crushed velvet interior, strap, cable and flatwound strings. Available in Olympic White and Metallic KO (a distinctive orange tint derived from the heavily faded Candy Apple Red finish of one of Marr’s favorite ’60s-era Fender models).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

That is very nice indeed. I wish I had some money to buy a guitar. All I've got left (after selling stuff to make ends meet) is my Spanish guitar with a big crack in the body :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:49 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

johnny wrote:
http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/johnnymarrjaguar

Might be of interest to some of you

Fender is very proud to introduce the Johnny Marr signature Jaguar® guitar. Marr is best known, of course, as the strikingly dynamic and influential anti-hero guitarist-arranger-all-around-musical-wunderkind behind Manchester quartet the Smiths, which virtually redefined and ruled U.K. pop throughout the 1980s. A master of melody, layering and texture, Marr has always brought his own instantly identifiable ringing, jangling genius to the proceedings, as he has done in post-Smiths stints with The The, Electronic, the Pretenders and Johnny Marr and the Healers, and right up to the present with Modest Mouse, the Cribs and innumerable guest appearances.

Specialized features include custom-wound Bare Knuckle® Johnny Marr single-coil neck and bridge pickups; custom-shaped maple neck based on Marr’s 1965 Jaguar, with vintage-style truss rod, lacquer finish and Marr’s signature on the front of the headstock; four-position blade-style pickup switch mounted to the lower-horn chrome plate (bridge, bridge and neck in parallel, neck, bridge and neck in series); two upper-horn slide switches (universal bright and pickup switch position four bright); Jaguar bridge with Mustang® saddles, nylon bridge post inserts for improved stability, chrome cover and vintage-style floating tremolo tailpiece; and “taller” tremolo arm with arm-sleeve nylon insert to prevent arm swing.

Accessories include a custom case with blue crushed velvet interior, strap, cable and flatwound strings. Available in Olympic White and Metallic KO (a distinctive orange tint derived from the heavily faded Candy Apple Red finish of one of Marr’s favorite ’60s-era Fender models).
Wonder how much it will cost. Some of the other fender signature models were very expensive. Custom shop prices probably. I want one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:40 pm 
I need a life

nah from what i read it'll be just a little more expensive than the american vintage ones (like 1700 US instead of 1500) - still expensive but not out of the realms of realism