Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: HMV Forum 8 June
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:31 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Getting excited now.....if Pocklington is anything to go by we are in for a treat tonight folks!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:47 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I'll be waiting here later, drink in hand, for the first reviews :D Have a great night everyone. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

There's a curtain down but I've spotted some greenery peeping out from behind it.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Have a great time, I have to wait until September to hear the new songs live.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:38 am 
Site Admin

Same set list as already mentioned, but we had the Hawley Garden Centre as a background plus the female backing singers and lots of dry ice (Dean and John very much lost to us through the haze).

Fantastic sounds, the new stuff is really, really good live, and Soldier On and Remorse Code still remain two of my favourite live performances.

Richard performed the first encore, For Your Lover Give Some Time, without guitar (Shez was on duty), and with a large glass of red wine - then full band back on stage and a roaring version of The Ocean to finish.

Good to see Eezer and Mrs Eezer, Julie and Mark, Lou, Jane Hardy, Ticky and Mr and Mrs Chumley.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:30 am 
Too much time on my hands

If you go down to the woods today ........... you'll find RH and his band on stage at the Forum surrounded by forest greenery, glamourous backing singers and an extremey grateful, abundant audience (apart from the idiots next to us who thought it was clever to talk loudly through the first few numbers, until my guy and the bloke in front told them to button it - effing sacrilege to talk at a Hawley gig!!!|).

What a trooper! What a band! What a concert! Mr H. was wheeled onto the stage to shocked gasps by 'non-forumers' who weren't in the know like us favoured few on here! Obviously must be in a lot of pain, but you'd never have guessed - he sang his little heart out and made those guitars dance like butterflies and sting like bees . Opening with the seductive 'Standing at the Sky's Edge' was absolutely breath-takingly awesome - 'dedicated to those fuckwits in the houses of Parliament'.

Can't remember the order of the songs, but absolutely loved 'Don't Stare at the Sun' - my fave, and all the more so after RH explained its meaning to us all at Pocklington (a much more sophisticated audience I must say!) and beguiled by the beautiful, bewitching 'Before' as always. The old songs always go down well and 'For Your Lover' was truly mesmerisingly magnificent, building up to that captivating crescendo that leaves you feeling like you are the one and only person watching this tantalisingly talented bunch. 'Down to the Woods' was head-bangingly enchanting and left the audience crying out for more - absolutely orgasmic! A thumbs up from Hawley and for Hawley, glass of red wine in hand, traversed across the stage in wheelchair - homeward bound now for some well-deserved family TLC. Thankyou for two brilliant gigs in Pocklington and London- it gets better every time - the boy did fantastically fabulous!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:53 am 
Regular

Just back home from HMV Forum. What a triumph of a show. Magnificent. Though echoing the sentiments expressed in the previous post, why do some fuckwits feel the need to holler out inane noises during a quiet piece of music/singing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:21 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Quote:
why do some fuckwits feel the need to holler out inane noises during a quiet piece of music/singing.
Quote:
you must have been standing near me...to the front right of the stage... thats exactly what I thought! I often find the most annoying thing about gigs is the other so called fans... anyway can't say anything better than Marie who has captured it all! Brilliant performance, considering he was sitting down and must have been in alot of discomfort/pain.
So good to see Richard and the band again, he was still his charming , funny self and I love the talk between songs, though as he said there wasn't so much of that this time as he was on 'fuck off pain killers' - understandably so!. Can't wait to see him again in October with Helen - who was missed! (luckily sold the ticket on ebay!)
Great night, can't wait for next time :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:46 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:07 pm 
Newcomer

I was standing with my friend at the front just left of centre. Met a lovely couple who are huge Hawley fans but don't tend to use the forums. They were from Yorkshire if I remember rightly.

Brilliant gig. Great atmosphere. I was lost in some of the guitar solos.

I heard that idiot over to my right. Was it a "YEEHHHAAAWWW" sort of noise? Absolutely awful, why do people like that bother turning up if they're purposely trying to ruin a song for everyone else.

I enjoyed last night so much I guess it's only fair if I book a ticket for Brixton in October.

P.S. I take it all the Hawley superfans were at the front and centre? I recognised a few of you from Shepherd's Bush back in 2009, but didn't want to look a fool and say anything. I definitely remember the lady with the red hair from Shepherd's Bush, am I right? We were standing at the front of the queue outside the venue just behind you lot.

Hope the leg gets better soon RH.

Thanks for an unforgettable evening. Pure class!

Alex.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
P.S. I take it all the Hawley superfans were at the front and centre? I recognised a few of you from Shepherd's Bush back in 2009, but didn't want to look a fool and say anything. I definitely remember the lady with the red hair from Shepherd's Bush, am I right? We were standing at the front of the queue outside the venue just behind you lot.

Correct. See you at Brixton - try and get upstairs tickets for that, we find the sound is better up there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:07 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Wahzy wrote:
P.S. I take it all the Hawley superfans were at the front and centre?
Alex.

Hi Alex - I think I was standing next to you. Did you have a red T-shirt on? What a cracking gig!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:22 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Marie Happe wrote:

Can't remember the order of the songs, but absolutely loved 'Don't Stare at the Sun' - my fave, and all the more so after RH explained its meaning to us all at Pocklington (a much more sophisticated audience I must say!)

What's the story? Pocklington was too far for me to go. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:59 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Quote:
I heard that idiot over to my right. Was it a "YEEHHHAAAWWW" sort of noise? Absolutely awful, why do people like that bother turning up if they're purposely trying to ruin a song for everyone else.
Quote:
..yes, that was him... he was not far from me... I think he'd had a bevy or two.. anyway Denise I'll take the tip for Brixton.. ..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Good post Marie, says it all. Mr. H. was on great form and I was reminded once again what a great band he has surrounded himself with. I was up on the balcony so was in no position to take any photos. Here's a nice pic of the HMV ceiling instead.

I loved the set and the lighting, the sound was excellent as well, great show and it was a genuine pleasure to hear some of the new songs live - sounded fantastic as we knew they would. For some reason I thought that the set would be exclusively SATSE album tracks so it was a genuine pleasure to hear Hotel Room as the third or fourth track - one of my favourites 'old' songs.

Thanks again Mr. H and get well soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next