Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Broke my leg
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:02 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

loftyeric2 wrote:
Yes, he'll need a hobby whilst he rests up....... :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:52 am 
Hawleytastic!

Poor old you H. What a shitter! I used to work with a woman who slipped on marble stairs and broke her hip. She was in a terrible way. Mind you, she did have six-inch metal heeled stilettos on (no cross-dressing confessions you want to tell us about at this point). Good on you for keeping going – you can see how much appreciated it is. Keep your chin up and use the next month to just get better. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery, all the dog walking will have stood you in good stead. As RP says, lots of curly kale – have it with bacon and onions, very nice. Just don’t get into Angry Birds or Suduko – you might need someone to help you go to for a piss but try to maintain some sense of dignity!!

All the gigs sound brilliant – I was due to go to the Forum and No Direction Home but I took my parents away instead. My mum had a stroke in the autumn and her and my dad have been struggling a bit. So took them to Belgium for a break, which luckily for me went brilliantly. After a sticky start, they both loved it and went walking in the woods every day and it really seemed to change her mood, something that no matter what physical recovery they make is a real problem for stroke survivors. Made her much more upbeat and took the pressure of my dad, who just enjoyed drinking beer and eating chocolate.

My mum will be 80 this year and this was the first time they’d both had a passport. We never really had the money for holidays when I was a kid so it was nice to be the grown up and give them a treat.

On the way home, we stopped in Ypres. My dad lost both of his granddads in the First World War – his dad’s dad was never found so his name is on the Menin Gate. Was really sweet to see my kids, holding his hands at the memorial. Think they both really appreciated how lucky they were to have a granddad and how much they get out of him being around.

Anyway, was really glad I did it – was less rock and roll than I hoped this month would be but, hey, isn’t that the story of life once you hit your 40s. The good news is Ladyblue and I will be coming to Brixton – I have the dancing shoes and copious amounts of gin at the ready. We are upstairs too Denise – would be nice to meet for a small sherbet beforehand.

And unless I’m much mistaken, this is my 1,000th post and no plans to retire yet – completely fucking sad really but have enjoyed it and the lovely folk I’ve met here. x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:03 am 
Hawleytastic!

Just back from Barcelona, :shock: Sorry to hear about the leg Richard.....feckin bobbins.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:09 am 
Site Admin

Just get there early Helen to ensure decent seats upstairs. We'll certainly all be meeting up.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hope the healing accelerates.

In future it'll have to be a pair of bright orange crocs!

In my experience, aside from one notable exception where I got slaughtered and ended up with torn ligaments in both ankles and unable to walk for the best part of 5 weeks, I've found that accidents when drink has been taken (from falling 15ft over the bannisters and rolling over the bonnet of a moving car) tend to leave me rather unscathed whilst those that have occured in the full flush of sobriety have tended to cause considerably more damage.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:57 pm 
Too much time on my hands

exapno mapcase wrote:
Hope the healing accelerates.

In future it'll have to be a pair of bright orange crocs! .

Crocs! At the risk of offending all croc wearing forum members, how on earth is any adult duped into wearing over-sized children's beach shoes AND paying a ridiculous price for them? It is like the Emperor's new clothes. The person who designed them and duped otherwise intelligent people to buy and wear them must be laughing all the way to the bank. Please don't tell me they are comfortable. So are slippers. It is no excuse!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:43 pm 
The Boss

I entirely agree......Santan's flip flops....... :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:21 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Agree on the crocs. They are on my list of offensive footwear, only to be topped by Ugg boots, which are just stupid. Why would anyone do that to their feet? All these strange bandy legged women walking about with elephants feet. Daft. More offensive than men who wear flip flops exposing hairy toes, especially if the hair is a bit ginge and slightly pubic looking. But only marginally. Revolting. X

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:28 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Helen, you are a philosopher :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Shouldn't that be 'flipflopperer'?

I really like those Pirellli style tartan bootie zip up slippers - I'm off to buy some right now for my upcoming birthday - and will wear them to my next RH gig :BEEEER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:50 am 
Hawleytastic!

UGG boots, now we're talking, with Crocs they are the twin headed monster of formlessness, they look like they are made for the SImpsons, you know, 4 digit fingers gradually morphing into a stump....they both infantalise the wearer and not in a "Cute" way and of course Ugg boots stained with snow and mud mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :puker: :puker:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:02 pm 
Too much time on my hands

How does a "broke my leg" thread morph into a footwear thread? Anyway, I'll be sticking to my Brothel Creepers. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:34 pm 
The Boss

Well I'd have worn those there wouldn't be no"broke my leg"thread :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Poppy Dog wrote:
Shouldn't that be 'flipflopperer'?

I really like those Pirellli style tartan bootie zip up slippers - I'm off to buy some right now for my upcoming birthday - and will wear them to my next RH gig :BEEEER

Did you mean slippers........or just one big one! :shock:

Puts a whole new slant on pogoing! http://richardhawleyforum.co.uk/templates/exposion_dark/images/logo_phpBB_med.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

exapno mapcase wrote:
UGG boots, now we're talking, with Crocs they are the twin headed monster of formlessness, they look like they are made for the SImpsons, you know, 4 digit fingers gradually morphing into a stump....they both infantalise the wearer and not in a "Cute" way and of course Ugg boots stained with snow and mud mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :puker: :puker:

Spoken with true righteousness. Living on the cusp of Essex as I do, it is a constant source of upset to me, the Ugg boot/croc/flip flop thing. This on top of harem pants (even on children), gladiator sandals and most items of clothing having a compulsory tassle, makes my life almost unbearable. This and all types of waxing, hair extensions, false nails (even on your toes, presumably to make your feet look more attractive in fucking flip flops) and various tones of Cuprinol-esque fake tans.

I went to my dentist to have a check up and while I'm lying down in the chair, he says: "Do you know we do Botox now?" I know I'm doing your teeth, middle aged woman, but do you want me to make you look less like a wrinkly old bird while I'm at it. Sooooo rude. I says: "Are you saying I need Botox then?" And he says: "Of course not madam but we do do veneers as well." I should have just chinned him. x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next