Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hillsborough Report
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:18 am 
Hawleytastic!

Today is being called Truth Day for the relatives of the 96 people who died at Hillsborough in 1989, as
a report with previously unseen goverment papers is released.

Will it be Truth Day?

Post subject: Re: Hillsborough Report
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:16 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I have to say, I never thought I'd see the day. The truth at last. Evidence that 41 people could have been saved. Staggering.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:43 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Anyone who went to football then knows fans were treated like a lower form of life and if you were a travellling fan then it was worse still. The knee jerk "fans fault" boiled my piss that day and it is a disgrace that it takes til now before any kind genuine truth and apology. God bless all those who had to campaign for this, who lost family and friends, and God bless all those who were killed that day.

South Yorkshire Police.....well no surprises there, Maggie Thatcher's bully boys.

The familes were right - for once I think Mr Cameron speaks the truth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Remember being in a pub in Watford with friends. There was Saturday afternoon footy on the telly and I remember the news coming on and the scenes on the TV. And gradually the pub fell silent, in the end you could've heard a pin drop, except for, a bit later, an old boy at the bar who started crying.

This is the best comment I've read about it:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1011-Apr ... -editorial

Never have bought the Sun ever. They were filth then and they're the same now. No good Kelvin McKenzie apologising. He's a bastard. x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:21 pm 
Hawleytastic!

It's just so tragic in every respect.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:54 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Just watching the whole thing on the National News and Look North.......Gob Smacked!

But you're right PD.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:56 pm 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

Emotional scenes from Liverpool today.........I'm staggered at the extent of the whole cover up and the smear campaign.We knew there was one but i never realised to what extent...testing the blood for alcohol levels of the dead,including children,and checking their crimial records hoping for football related charges....sickening.
Mistakes happen and can be forgiven when the guilty own up and apologise with genuine remorse.There are a lot of guilty people involved who've had 23 years to own up to their mistakes and have kept silent.It seems it's too late now for credible apologies but not too late for criminal charges.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yes, I think it's the sheer scale of the cover up that is so shocking and the fact that it's taken 23 years and the sheer determination of the families to get to this stage. I cannot imagine the hell they must have been through.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:27 pm 
Hawleytastic!

It's been a long time coming and it was obvious about the lies that were being told at the time. I hope this brings some peace to the families of the victims of the tragedy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:49 am 
Hawleytastic!

exapno mapcase wrote:
South Yorkshire Police.....well no surprises there, Maggie Thatcher's bully boys.

Read this and thought of you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... NETTXT9038

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:23 pm 
The Boss

It's a fucking disgrace,so much pain and hurt,bless Sheffield and Liverpool people

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:49 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
exapno mapcase wrote:

Read this and thought of you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... NETTXT9038

There was outright hatred of football fans then, all of us tarred with the same hooligans brush - the vast majority of folk who went to football then had nowt to do with violence. There is no doubt that much of the "received view" about football and those who went to the games - especially away fans - was political and based on class prejudice when it came to the political elite headed up by Thatcher. SYP were animals and thought the miners strike was still on - I remember their bully boy tactics in 1987 at Rotherham when the whole crowd turned on them when they waded into the Sunderland fans for being delirious for getting out of the old 3rd division at the first time of asking. I started at Trent Poly in September 1984 and remember crossing the border between Sheffield and Nottinghamshire and the van loads of polis. My Mam and Dad were giving me a lift and I remember my Dad (a miner, though a pit deputy by then)saying to me we'd have been pulled over if my Mam wasn't in the car.
SYP are scum and always will be and the pigs who thought it was ok to treat football fans at Hillsborough as a lower life form will hopefully get what's coming to them, sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:26 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I think they will. The total disregard for decency and truth is out in the open now. Heads will roll but it is too bloody late. I cannot believe it has taken this long. Thank god the relatives of those who died kept going and fighting. But they shouldn't have had to fight. The whole cover up and blame being put on the fans who died is despicable. It is a tragedy of epic proportions.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:12 pm 
Regular poster

exapno mapcase wrote:
Anyone who went to football then knows fans were treated like a lower form of life and if you were a travellling fan then it was worse still. The knee jerk "fans fault" boiled my piss that day and it is a disgrace that it takes til now before any kind genuine truth and apology. God bless all those who had to campaign for this, who lost family and friends, and God bless all those who were killed that day.

The familes were right - for once I think Mr Cameron speaks the truth

Absolutely. I remember moving up from East Anglia to Sheffield in 1986 and being absolutely gobsmacked at seeing how the South Yorkshire police totally herded travelling fans through the city and how heavy handed they were with them. Ordinary people wanting a day out at the match, herded like cattle and made to keep moving. Sight seeing? Stopping? No chance. Treated as if they had done something wrong just by being there. :evil:

I might have lived in the South for many a year, but I have never forgotten my Sheffield roots. I have also never forgotten how SY police treated the miners either. :evil:

But back to the report, I am glad that the truth has come out at last and my thoughts are with all those affected by that day. I can't believe that it has taken so long to get the truth out and I have the upmost respect for everyone who campaigned for the truth. I sincerely hope that everyone involved in the cover up is made to answer for their wrong doings and the families get justice for their loved ones.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:13 pm 
Too much time on my hands

SYP and Kelvin McKenzie hang your heads in shame!

God bless all those who kept on keeping on.

RIP all those who tragically died that day x