Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Owls 2012/13
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:34 am 
Regular

I felt really down after todays game....and Wednesday night was bad enough. I said then that Jones has made too many changes too quickly..something he said he wouldn't do, and the impact has been to destabilise the team such that they are not a TEAM at the moment. Lets not forget that Jones tremendous run of results was founded on Megsons team....since he has brought in his own acquisitions, it has been disastrous and does not bode well for the immediate future. I did like Keiren Lee today and Pecnic has a bit of class about him, but I agree with Lou about the players that he has left out.....except for Madine who hasnt looked up for it for many months now. Llera and O'Grady would be in my starting line up any day but obviously not Jones.......we must hope that things start to gell soon but I am not impressed with many of our new boys so far.....

Whatever happens I do not boo players with an Owls shirt on, although some of the decisions that are made may not go down well with me!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:55 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Mmmmmmm.......bugger. Things will turn around after today. Positive thinking and all that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:45 pm 

Well, it was a draw. At least we are heading in the right direction. Saturday we are looking for a win. I'll be there!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:44 am 
Regular

And Chris O'Grady must start......but why the heck was he substituted when he was on a hat-trick??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:27 pm 

I have nothing to say. It seems strange, I know, to come onto a forum when I have nothing to say but having nothing to say says it all really. If you get what I mean :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:04 pm 
The Boss

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:24 pm 
Regular

Richard Hawley wrote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh

A very accurate and concise summary of events Richard!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hope you do 'em 5 - 0 tomorrow night! ..>

Egg (Up the Millers! :wink: )

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:06 am 

We have a song at Hillsborough 'we all hate Leeds scum' - well the scum of Leeds were certainly there last night. Disgraceful. I always hate playing Leeds and Millwall because of the significant minority of intimidating idiotic violent 'fans'. That was illustrated last night. It was a good game but 'fans' behaving like animals, even one attacking our goalkeeper, takes away from the football. It was a disgrace.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:44 pm 
The Boss

I hope they lock that dick head up for a long long time no one deserves to be attacked at their place of work I don't care if your a footballer or a lollipop lady it's just not on in any circumstances

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:27 pm 

My fourteen year old daughter came home in a state of shock last night. She loves football and the Wednesday and had never seen anything like what happened last night. She was really angry. About the way the Leeds fans behaved - they have season tickets in the south stand and there were even Leeds and kicking off in the posh bit...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

i can honestly say i was embarassed to come from leeds last night. after the glorious summer of sport i was hoping football wouldn't fuck it all up when it came back but it's surpassed itself this time. racism, serbia, leeds, cole, terry, etc, etc. utter scum who should be made an example of. :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:53 pm 
Regular

A bad night indeed which took me back to the awful scenes I witnessed all over the country following the Owls in the 1980s. My own 13 year old daughter was also frightened as we left the south stand...we had to take a longer route round to our car which was parked past Hillsborough as we had to go back to stockport. The events made me recall the saturday i stood on the away end at oldham in the early 1980s when the ref sent off Terry Curran and the owls fans threw a load of missiles onto the field.....the outcome was that owls fans were banned from the next 6 away games and also standing at hillsborough was also closed for 4 games (i think my memory is right?). However no one and especially no player was assaulted in this awful way. so using this as a benchmark, i wonder what action the football league are going to take...... i hope they are going to take a very hard line here.....but i am not yet convinced this will happen. And Warnocks initial reaction to say that Kirkland dropped line a stone was an absolute disgrace.......i hear he now says that he was out of order as it was based not on his own observation but what he had been told. for a manager with his experience this was so naive to say anything about such a serious incident without absolute certainty about what he was saying.

As for the footie, i thought the owls were great, bothroyd is really coming into his own at last and i was so pleased he got the goal....and corry and barkley were sublime in midfield....some of their touches were outstanding.....i just wished they didnt look exactly the same!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:55 am 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

Three things we learned from this game....
In a highly charged atmosphere like Friday night,unfortunately,some football fans will never change,every club has their idiots.
Warnock is still a prize cock....to get his players to applaud the Leeds fans at the end of the game!!!
Chris Kirkland did go down like a sack of spuds....and stayed down for treatment..FFS...reminded me of Dida against Celtic.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

Does anyone else think that football is going backwards here this last 12 months... Suarez, John Terry affairs.. Serbia, this game in question not to mention the stuff that goes on in other places including what is supposed to be one of the top leagues in what is supposed to be one of the civilized countries in Europe Italy to name just one. I just happened to be having a quiet one and stuck on the Owls game on Tv the other night, really disheartening, as was the reaction of Leeds players at he end, re: Warnocks comments at the end hardly surprising he has always been a prize cock.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next