Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:24 pm 
Regular

What a magnificent concert in Barcelona yesterday. The band looked happy and relaxed just as they appeared on stage. I consider the venue as the best place to see Richard playing in Barcelona, it felt that he was at ease!!! And so was the audience. Sometimes you feel that there’s a special connection taking place in a live show, and you could definitely feel it last night. The venue, Apolo, has a warm old look, with a wooden floor, low lights and a space not too big (maybe around 1.000 capacity) though sadly it wasn’t sold out!
There were kind words to the band and crew (being the last concert of the European tour), some jokes about how much luck he’s had on his previous visits to Barcelona (his broken leg among them…), there was a truly deserved episode when Richard told to shut the fuck up to some people on the back, and warm thanks to the audience at the end of the concert.
But above all, it won’t be forgotten by the band as they had a special guest on stage: the bloody air conditioning!!!!!!! You won’t believe it, but there was a huge air conditioning unit right by the side of the stage switched on, nothing special besides the fact that it made a terrible noise!!! It could easily have ruined the beauty of "Soldier On" if it had not been for Richard and the band’s patience and professionalism… And good humour, as the unit was also introduced at the end of the song!

The songs sounded terrific, all the band performing with their full energy and the audience reacted passionately, as we usually do in Barcelona!!! ;o) The setlist is the one that follows and this time, with “The Ocean” to put the best end to a magic night!!!

Thanks so much Richard for the music!!! I hope you had a safe return back home!

Standing at the Sky's Edge
Don't Stare at the Sun
Hotel Room
Tonight the Streets Are Ours
Seek It
Soldier on
Leave Your Body Behind You
Before
Open up Your Door
Remorse Code
Time Will Bring You Winter
Down in the Woods

Lady Solitude
The Ocean

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:51 am 
Newcomer

I was there and it was the best day for me this year, and that night I finally slept well in months.

Great setlist, great band and Richard always so kind and grateful.

I'm going to frame my ticket! :Hoorah :Hoorah