Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:06 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Still As The Night is a fantastic tune, and got me (embarrassingly very lately :oops: ) into Sanford Clark.

www.myspace.com/roamingson
www.facebook.com/roamingsonuk
www.facebook.com/marklyall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:50 pm 
Newcomer

Just like to chuck in my twopenneth. I can only echo what everyone has said about your involvement with Duane Eddy. As a longtime fan who cut his teeth on Duanes music (I saved up my paper round money to buy my first album "Have Twangy Guitar Will Travel"), and to see him at the Southend on Sea Odeon in 1962, I am just a few years younger than Duane, and am sure he must be delighted to be going through this renaisance. As you get older, it means so much more to be appreciated. In the USA it would seem that he is so under-rated for creating that much imitated (but never bettered) guitar sound. I consider myself so lucky to have been at the Festival Hall last year to witness what was an amazing event...Not just you Richard, but your whole Band and back room staff can be justifiably proud of yourselves...I have been impressed by your renditions of Death Row and Still as the Night with Duane... I understand an autumn tour for Duane is being planned. Would be great if you could share the billing, as I am sure it would help introduce Duane to even more younger people...Maybe more Hawley songs backed by Duane (even an album maybe)...Great work mate.... Sorry if I may have waffled on a bit, but I am a long in the tooth Southerner !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:43 am 
Hawleytastic!

Duane was on the Simon Mayo show on Tuesday, with his guitar. He was on just after 6 p.m. an hour into the show. Here is the link... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b012798q Simon really was pleased to have Duane on his show, he is a fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:35 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Terry Keating wrote:
Just like to chuck in my twopenneth. I can only echo what everyone has said about your involvement with Duane Eddy. As a longtime fan who cut his teeth on Duanes music (I saved up my paper round money to buy my first album "Have Twangy Guitar Will Travel"), and to see him at the Southend on Sea Odeon in 1962, I am just a few years younger than Duane, and am sure he must be delighted to be going through this renaisance. As you get older, it means so much more to be appreciated. In the USA it would seem that he is so under-rated for creating that much imitated (but never bettered) guitar sound. I consider myself so lucky to have been at the Festival Hall last year to witness what was an amazing event...Not just you Richard, but your whole Band and back room staff can be justifiably proud of yourselves...I have been impressed by your renditions of Death Row and Still as the Night with Duane... I understand an autumn tour for Duane is being planned. Would be great if you could share the billing, as I am sure it would help introduce Duane to even more younger people...Maybe more Hawley songs backed by Duane (even an album maybe)...Great work mate.... Sorry if I may have waffled on a bit, but I am a long in the tooth Southerner !!!

I hope to be going to see one of the live dates with my dad and my son, three generations, Dad, a long time Duane Eddy fan who has recently been to introduced to the work of a certain Mr Hawley, me, a Hawley fan grateful for being pointed towards the legendary king of twang and my boy, a budding guitarists who appreciates the musicianship of both aforementioned gentlemen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:36 pm 

Bradford Lass wrote:
Terry Keating wrote:

I hope to be going to see one of the live dates with my dad and my son, three generations, Dad, a long time Duane Eddy fan who has recently been to introduced to the work of a certain Mr Hawley, me, a Hawley fan grateful for being pointed towards the legendary king of twang and my boy, a budding guitarists who appreciates the musicianship of both aforementioned gentlemen.

Welcome to the Hawley forum by the way, you don't have to be nuts to join in here, but it helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:04 pm 
The Boss

thanks folks and welcome to the board Terry,and thanks for your kind comments.Duane is a lovely lovely guy to work with and a massive talent i am proud of that album as we all are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:40 pm 

Sorry, just got fed up seeing your name there for so long. Any chance of a gig?

Post subject: Re: Duane Eddy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:09 pm 
Newcomer

Richard,I thought you could have slipped in a Duane reference during the 45rpm show on BBC2!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:25 pm 
The Boss

i did in the interview along with loads of other stuff,the interview lasted at least an hour and a half,i have no control over what was used for the show

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:36 am 
Newcomer

Richard Hawley wrote:
i did in the interview along with loads of other stuff,the interview lasted at least an hour and a half,i have no control over what was used for the show

I'm not surprised,the crew proberbly hadn't heard of Duane,did you ever see the 3 part series by Alan Yentob about the guitar,not one mention of him!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/duaneeddy

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:34 pm 
The Boss

I've had the pleasure of hearing a couple of those tracks folks and they are AMAZING well worth your time

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8