Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:25 am 
Hawleytastic!

mph wrote:
that nice mr hawley has us on the guestlist, touch wood, for this so might see you in the pub for a beer. :D

Sounds good to us! :D :BEEEER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Two weeks today! In celebration, here's a black and white montage of some pics I took last year.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:45 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Have a great time everyone. Buggered up the ticket buying for this at an early stage, so won't make it to this one. I shall compensate by doing something useful in the shed :wink: Look forward to photos & reports 8)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:51 am 
Regular poster

Well that was rather good :D

Mostly the usual fare from the recent tour with the exception of Hotel Room. Down In The Woods finished but no break prior to the encore, instead we got The Ocean. Ok, so that's normally the finale so if there is an encore then it's going to be interesting :*:

An encore there was and a surprise too. Fresh from the Maida Vale performance we got I'm On Nights LIVE and then Run For Me as the finale :Hoorah

Yet another great night out watching Richard Hawley. And a special mention to The Crookes too, excellent stuff ..>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:48 am 
Hawleytastic!

...and a horrendous drive in thick fog back home after - but a great gig. Best sound I've probably heard at a RH gig; top notch. From a photography point of view, the lighting looked nice, but the combination of blue and red does not agree with a digital sensor....
The Buxton Opera House can be quite strict in enforcing their no-photography rule, but tonight they didn't bother, so I did what I could from seat G16 in the stalls, without annoying the folks around me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:39 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Great photos Nick :D Particularly like the silhouette ..>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:40 am 
Too much time on my hands

simonj wrote:
Well that was rather good :D

Mostly the usual fare from the recent tour with the exception of Hotel Room. Down In The Woods finished but no break prior to the encore, instead we got The Ocean. Ok, so that's normally the finale so if there is an encore then it's going to be interesting :*:

An encore there was and a surprise too. Fresh from the Maida Vale performance we got I'm On Nights LIVE and then Run For Me as the finale :Hoorah

Yet another great night out watching Richard Hawley. And a special mention to The Crookes too, excellent stuff ..>

I do hope Richard sticks with that new encore for Leamington or Troxy - I just might become a bit too emotional if he does. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Buxton last night........Bought my 2 sisters and brother in-laws tickets for last night along with TLG for
Christmas......bit of a punt at the time, but they all loved it........add 4 more to the ever growing list. :Hoorah
Loved the set list changes and for me, in the 7 or 8 times I've seen H and the band, I think it's the best
H has played guitar.

The guitar solos were fantastic. On The Ocean there seemed to be a lot more work on the chords.......
not that I know anything about playing a guitar!

Like Nick, I thought the sound was epic. Fantastic gig! ..>

Only saw Nick, and that was only very brief just to say hello.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:47 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Absolutely brilliant yet again and well worth the drive from London. Agree efsb the sound was best ever and what a treat the encore was! RH and Shez resplendent in leathers and loving Mr Elliot's progressively unkempt look. RH on top form, good audience banter - someone shouted 'Good luck at the Brits' to which he responded 'I won't be there, I'll be in Bristol...........much prefer playing for you folks' and during the encore after telling us he's not smoking any more and has given up since Jan 1st a satisfied voice from down front shouted out 'You're smokin' tonight Richard!' If I had to choose one song I thought 'Leave Your Body Behind You' was absolutely fantastic last night but all the others were brilliant too, especially 'Before' which was spellbinding and thought provoking and always love to hear 'Run for Me' and was so pleased it was included in the encore. Great photos efsb - really capture the atmosphere - I love Buxton - such a great venue. Thankyou all for another tremendous evening - it's always worth the effort!
Looking forward to the Troxy now!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:49 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Great pictures Nick, agree with Lofty on the silhouette one. ..>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

It was brilliant wasn't it? Totally agree about the sound, crystal clear and thank god there was no one yakking away. I was sat next to the bloke who shouted the smokin' comment. Did make me chuckle. Nice to meet Kate and chap, shame we didn't see anyone else. The opera house is a wonderful building and venue. The missus only cried 3 times and he got me on 'I'm on nights' as its our song from when I used to do the night shift.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:18 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Forgot to mention The Crookes.............very impressed. ..>

Oh, and bad planning on my part, home late after the gig, up early to fly to Holland, here all week! :?

Do like the beer in Holland though! :BEEEER

Never lose that 3 stone I put on 20 years ago! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm 
Regular

Does it get boring to tell how great last night show was?
Nah, not really :)

Another fantastic night. I love Remorse Code.
The 'guitar' Shaz played (I dunno what you call it) on several songs: I love that sound.
Soldier On: everybody was quiet! Yahoo.... The sound is so enormous and complete after Shaz' solo. It just fills the venue. Absolute brilliant.
Nice to know that The Ocean is not the last song anymore: there might be more the come....
No idea what the woman was shouting halfway the show. My girlfriend told me later what she said. Hrmmm, okay....

Anyway, we had a fab again.
Off to home soon (the Netherlands). Dunno know when we will see RH again.
Maybe Werchter or otherwise we'll wait a bit longer...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:05 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I dithered for too long and missed out on tickets for this one but I remember getting goosebumps from Mr H's vocals at this venue last time round - or I could just have been sat in a draught :roll:

Agree about the seats too - obviously made to cater for folk of much smaller stature - and glad I didn't have to face that night drive home in the fog. It's spooky enough on a clear night coming to a crossroads and seeing absolutely nothing in either direction but ink black darkness.

Good to read reviews and see some photos - hope someone sneaked a few videos if the house rules were relaxed.

Thought I was giving this set of dates a miss but a very kind friend surprised me with tickets so Liverpool can't come soon enough, especially with that setlist. Hope Run for Me stays on the encore.

Thanks again for the reviews. No Bonkers hotel tales this time?