Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:32 pm 
Regular

There really are no words to convey what having your live music in my life has meant to me. Was it sad as an old oap to queue for hours? Not for me. Each night was perfect and I always feel so proud of you and your talented friends on stage. Please take care as you rest and enjoy your family. There is a pint of guinness behind your favourite bar when you have time. Thankyou so much. xxx <*> <*> <*>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:14 am 
Hawleytastic!

Marie Happe wrote:
Thank you and the Band for a fantastic tour. Lucky enough that my O.H. loves your music too and it's so lovely to go off to gigs together in our 'mid life'. Lovely memories of a fair few gigs this tour - it can be an indescribable experience - just the way the music makes me feel - no words for it! Just thank you! Enjoy a well-earned rest and precious time with your family x

It is difficult to find the words to describe that special feeling the music and the whole live experience gives me. I am lucky too that my Husband is a fan.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:46 am 
Regular poster

My wife and I have been married now for over 27 years. For the first 21 years or so I don't recollect us going to any gig of note (Freddie & an ex-Dreamer in the mid 80's and the Bootleg Beatles twice was about it) :roll:

I'd heard Baby You're My Light being championed by Mark and Lard on Radio 1 in 2002 and made a mental note to check RH's music out. Sadly I never followed that up until I heard about the forthcoming (and now legendary) Sheffield City Hall gig in December 2006. I got us two tickets right in the middle of the third row in the stalls and after an evenings entertainment we will never forget, we were hooked! The give away Silent Night CD was just the icing on the cake :D

Ten live concerts later, including one where my OH very surprisingly agreed to live in a field and sleep in a tent (Teddy Boys Picnic), we remain eternally grateful to Richard for providing the music that cements our bond. Long may it continue ..>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:13 am 
Hawleytastic!

Nice one simonj - similar story here - gigs few and far between probably from about 78 to 04 - maybe half a dozen a year - then I picked up on Ian Hunter after a mega 'lay off' that led to looking up other 'stuff' - and now it's maybe five times that figure.

Many thanks to the folks on here for links to people I now go a bit over the top about - Colorama - Ron Sexsmith - in addition to our resident guitar twanger.

The last few days/ next few days are as good as it gets - Richard last Monday - Colorama last night [maybe tonight] and again on Sunday - then Ron Sexsmith next week!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:03 am 
Newcomer

Hi Richard,

Just a quick note to say thank you and the Band for the Syke's Edge Concerts over the last year or so.

My Wife and I have managed to see you at the Kentish Town Forum, Bath Pavillion, BBC Maida Vale and the Troxy.

We have been spoilt and each concert has been absolutely fantastic.

There were so many genuine highlights, I'm on Nights at Maida Vale, Storm at Troxy (what a track that is!) Time will bring you Winter/Down In The Woods at each of the Concerts but it was the intro you did to Lady Solitude at Kentish Town that stood out for me. It was absolutely stunning. Any chance of getting that bit on the Live Album!?

At each of the Concerts we took friends/family who are all now duly converted.

So, thank you very much once again.

Hope your back gets better and have a great Summer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:15 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I saw Richard and the band at the Troxy (as well as the alternative gig at Maida Vale) - I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, everyone on stage was on top form. Very much looking forward to the live album and the next tour - but only after Richard is fully fit again!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:19 pm 
Newcomer

Thank you Richard and the band for giving so much to so many of us in the past year with this tour and all the additional sessions !

Just hope we give enough back to you to make you want to do it all over again and again for as long as you are able !

We were at both the 'Special' Sheffield City Hall nights in September & October and the last night at Hull last week...

All the best and have a great break !

Cheers !

ps: Another two posters to hang now, but plenty of space for more !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:37 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Managed to get to three shows supporting sky's edge. Brum last year is probably the best Hawley show I've ever been to (warrington parr hall runs it very close) I think anyone who was there would agree it was a special night that one.

Thanks for the memories Mr H! See you further up the road.. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:41 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I also came to really appreciate what a great player Shez is on the sky's edge tour dates. He also looks cool as fuck, makes me want to wear a suit on a more regular basis! :*: 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:34 am 
Hawleytastic!

Fortunate enough to do 5, all different and difficult to single one out as the best as all were outstanding
in their own right. Mentioned before though, I thought the last Buxton gig was the best I've seen H play
his guitars......epic. ..>

Cheers H and the band and to all who helped put on some very memorable gigs. ..>

:BEEEER Fagan's :BEEEER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:45 am 
Too much time on my hands

All good things must come to an end...as they say.

4 gigs for me and I think Leamington just shaded Troxy as the best.

Here's to doing it all again in the not too distant future.

Thanks are due to RH, the band and everyone involved who put on some spectacular shows.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:43 am 
Hawley Groupie

Take some time, its well deserved. Look after you and yours. Got to take some time with my youngest, listening to soldier on, sobbing her heart out last night. The trials of being 16, are so cruel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:44 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Thank you so much for the brilliant album and fantastic show in Liverpool, Richard. Enjoy your well deserved rest! ..> ..> ..>

If you think you're too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:53 pm 
Newcomer

Thanks richard and the band for a fantastic tour. Me and my hubby managed to see you four times twice at sheffield city hall , buxton & hull. Special thanks to the lady on the merchandise table she was really lovely we talked about the tour poster and all the designs are personal to you (managed to get all three) :D Enjoy a well earned rest, hope to see you in the summer xxx ..>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:18 am 
The Boss

Actually I must say a big up for my mrs Helen for the tour posters she made those happen,I fell in love with a poster artists work,Nick Rhodes,whom I met at the end of the road festival he has a stall there every year and it was on my mind to do something with him for years.....I just mentioned it to Helen and she made it al happen greatly assisted of course by Kathryn and Palf......but I love all of them I have no pictures of myself in our home.....too weird.....apart from dad/husband type pics but these postèrs might actually fill wall space mainly because they're really beautiful......I'd like to do more as I think they're special there's love in them