Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:18 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Most memorably bit for me was Before had just reached the very quiet bit when some nearby bells (Big Ben?) started striking 10 o'clock - everybody cheered and someone nearby said "the jammy fucker couldn't have time that better". :*: Not sure if Richard heard the bells on stage but it was a great moment. Fantastic show Richard - enjoy your summer hols.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:33 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Dawoodcock wrote:
http://www.theartsdesk.com/new-music/richard-hawley-somerset-house

(One misunderstanding there, I'm fairly sure it was Gordon the Guitar Tech who was conceived under a stage in Barrowlands)

Yep it was definitely Gordon.

"Quiff Richard" :shock: :*:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

arne saknussen wrote:
Most memorably bit for me was Before had just reached the very quiet bit when some nearby bells (Big Ben?) started striking 10 o'clock - everybody cheered and someone nearby said "the jammy fucker couldn't have time that better". :*: Not sure if Richard heard the bells on stage but it was a great moment. Fantastic show Richard - enjoy your summer hols.

I think it was the clock on the Inland Revenue side of Somerset House that chimed - I stood there thinking well at least he's not launching into Soldier On . . . . . .

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:22 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Enjoyed the evening, great venue and the clock striking was excellent timing which I 'm sure was deliberate 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:22 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

YouandI wrote:
loftyeric2 wrote:
Glad you all had a great time :D And what is this talk of tea towels - have I missed something? I'm partial to a tea towel :oops:

Aawww Lofty if you're that partial you can have mine - I think I may owe you for a Hawley badge from a while back anyway :wink:

Email me your address and I'll send it to you 8)

YouandI that's very kind of you, are you sure - I wouldn't want you to be tea-towel-less on my account :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:07 am 
The Boss

The clock chiming was totally accidental I didn't hear it Shez did but I couldn't hear anything apart from my amps buzzing :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:43 am 
I need a life

Top night at the Somerset House !
very special venue, really beautiful....

best moment for me was Serious...i love that song. and the song after, rockabilly baby is just wonderful...

thank you Richard and the band for another great night...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:05 am 
Hawleytastic!

The bit of Somerset House that goes down to the river is the nicest part. Would've loved that – love the river. The part where the concert took place used to be a dock, where the River Fleet meets the Thames. The tall ships would sail right up into the part we were standing on. Now the Fleet is completely underground, a river that runs under the streets, you can hear it through grates under the pavements and there is one part that pokes out. But it's one of London's underground secrets.

Did you get to go to the river side H?

Really odd bit of London around there, very grand and very empty at the weekend. Was nice to be there in the gloaming...x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:39 am 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
...................the gloaming...x

8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:05 am 
Hawleytastic!

It's my favourite word... don't know about Radiohead...

My favourite book is A Scot's Quair by Lewis Grassic Gibbon – it's three books really and written is Scottish dialect which makes it quite hard to get your head round at the beginning. But it's full of the gloaming... x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:49 am 
The Boss

Sadly I didn't get to see much as usual,but if I had a guide I would've looked into it I did a photo shoot years ago there and was amazed that such a beautiful place was just feet away from the strand, contrary to popular belief there are many parts of London I love and sommerset house is one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:08 am 
Hawleytastic!

Well, I shall offer my services next time – a couple of gins would be my price... that or speak to your mate Robert Elms, who is an infectious enthusiast for London (when he has more than one leg).

I am not a Londoner myself and whilst there are parts of life here that I just cannot stand, the little magic, out-of-the-way bits are gorgeous. Somerset House is beautiful, as is Postman's Park and a world of brilliant bits in the East End. The river and it's rhythm and all that...

And Somerset House is one of poshest places I've ever been to the toilet in London...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:03 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Guardian has a review:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/ju ... ley-review

Which is generally good but carries the line: "Joined by one Johnny "B" Wood thunking a customized double bass, Hawley indulges in a regrettable mid-set rockabilly segment that smacks of the Butlins lindy-hop weekender."

See, that was the bit I liked the most! No songs about your lover dying or getting old and a good old dance up in the middle. Does that make them high brow and me low rent? And I fucking hate Butlins...x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:30 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
And Somerset House is one of poshest places I've ever been to the toilet in London...

:*: :*: :*:

This could be a new thread...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:06 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

loftyeric2 wrote:
YouandI wrote:
loftyeric2 wrote:
Glad you all had a great time :D And what is this talk of tea towels - have I missed something? I'm partial to a tea towel :oops:

Aawww Lofty if you're that partial you can have mine - I think I may owe you for a Hawley badge from a while back anyway :wink:

Email me your address and I'll send it to you 8)

YouandI that's very kind of you, are you sure - I wouldn't want you to be tea-towel-less on my account :wink:

I'm positive! I actually have a whole pile of tea towels - granted, none of the others have guitars and trees on them, but I think I'll live! I am currently using the Truelove's Gutter one so I'm not Hawley tea-towel-less :*:

If you still have my email address send me the details - if not PM me on here :wink: xx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next