Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bridport 1 August
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:32 am 
Regular

mph wrote:
Look out for pink trousers and someone blocking the sun........

We'll make a fine pair :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:10 am 
Hawleytastic!

Wish I was going now, H on top form, warm, sunny, beer and Yorkshire Day! 8)
Have a fantastic time everyone.........post some pics. <*> :Hoorah <*>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:33 pm 
Regular poster

Do we know if there is a support act at Bridport at all? I haven't seen anything...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

LizzyK wrote:
Do we know if there is a support act at Bridport at all? I haven't seen anything...

John Lennon Mccullagh

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:19 am 
Regular

Wow what a night, genuinely the best gig i have ever been to. really small venue and nearly swooned to hear I'm on nights . Have loads of great pics of Shez and Richard but no idea how to post them on here - will try to figure it out once home...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

..> classic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:08 pm 
Too much time on my hands

How lovely to hear that live. Wish I could have been there......

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:25 pm 
Regular poster

It was a fabulous gig, loved hearing I'm on nights live too. So hot in there, some people had to take their jackets off....eventually! :*:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:36 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Yet again a fantastic gig, quaint little venue, nestled in between a knitting shop and a music shop - RH was in fighting form - had done his research on Bridport (where the rope to hang people was made), early on he beckoned the audience to come closer and when informed that we weren't allowed to 'cross the line' said anyone who tells us not to can f**k off! RH's and SS's guitars making sweet love to 'Seek It', so beautiful - at the end Shez was rewarded with a kiss on't cheek from Mr H! It was absolutely baking in there and especially baking in leathers, and when encouraged to 'take yer jacket off' replied 'it's not rock and roll' but eventually, for the treat of an encore, surrendered it to the accompaniment of 'the stripper'. 'Storm a Coming' was absolutely fantastic yet again and just blew us all away...unfortunately, 'Open Up Your Door' was spoiled for me by two idiot women nearby who talked trivia loudly the whole way through, but what a treat the encore of 'I'm on Nights' was, such a beautiful, beautiful song. It was a lovely gig, just what we needed - cheered us up no end!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:06 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I'm On Nights is way up in my Hawley top 10 ..>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Tears were rolling down my cheeks when he played that song as it means so much to us. It sums it up perfectly when you go off to do a night shift and leave your loved one behind. Great gig (when aren't they?) nice venue and a lovely little town. It was a long way to go from leeds but well worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:19 pm 
Newcomer

Travelled from Bath for the gig. What a great gig and good intimate venue. Have seen Richard three times over the last eleven months or so and each gig has been consistently excellent

Was a treat to hear Im on Nights live. Looks as though this was a last minute change as The Ocean was listed as the encore track (managed to get a set list at the end of the gig)

The only strange thing about the gig was the comments Richard made to the friend i went with who was wearing a St Pauli T Shirt. I can only presume his final comment of 'every time i think of St Pauli i think of a dog bowl, so not sure what that says about you love' wasnt meant in the context it could have been taken in. Bizzare.

I got some good photos of the gig - not sure how to upload though as the way to do so seems different to other forums i've used. If anyone can tell me how to upload them via PM i'll stick them up

Last edited by SiB on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:40 am 
Regular

SiB I must have been stood about two people to the left of you cos I was just along from your friend with the T-shirt.....the comment was a bit bizarre but I'm sure no offence intended.

Did you see the woman who was probably stood inbetween us who I'm sure was convinced we were all there to watch her perform rather than Richard?? She clonked me on the head a few times with her flailing arms and then decided she was too hot and would have to leave. :)

All in all a great night, and Bridport was a lovely little town. Would like to see your photos but I'm not sure how to post them...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:09 am 
Newcomer

Ah yes i do remember the flailing arms! Yes, you must have been one or two people to the left of us. I was enough of a distance not to cop a flailing arm!

I cant imagine any offence was intended with the comment, though a few people around us were also puzzled by it and it's delivery.

I'll try and stick some pictures up when i'm back at home later - Poppy Dog sent me some info (thanks Poppy Dog) that will hopefully enable me to get upload them

Was it your pic that was shared via the Facebook page?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next