Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Ramsbottom !!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:36 pm 
Too much time on my hands

And having your brains f***ed out. Or, on second thoughts, maybe not....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:44 pm 
Hawleytastic!

No, no ladies. It's a top ten list of men you'd find attractive for their intelligence. And no jokes about having trouble finding ten blokes with brains let alone ten with brains who were attractive. That kind of joke is just not funny and may upset a lot of people round these parts. I was merely trying to lighten the mood with an ill timed, usually unfunny quipp, to deflect any latent antagonism towards myself and not others, thus diffusing the situation and creating an environment where people can pass pleasantries without causing ranker and offence. Sure the boys are big enough and ugly enough to take a joke. X

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:59 am 
Too much time on my hands

I realised that Helen - and very good you are at it too and it is much appreciated. I was also trying to continue to lighten the mood by carrying on the joke I thought Maggie had started pretending to misinterpret your comment! Oh dear.
That is the problem with forums, emails, social media - no tone of voice and facial expressions mean that the words can be interpreted in ways not intended by the writer. Anyway, let's move this thread back to its title. And keep lightening the mood when it is needed Helen to keep this forum a nice place to be. X x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:44 pm 
Regular

Lou wrote:
...... That is the problem with forums, emails, social media - no tone of voice :cry: and facial expressions :oops: mean that the words can be interpreted in ways not intended by the writer. .....:shock:

:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:15 am 
The Boss

Dunno what all the bad vibes are about?....we had,on the whole,a really good gig....despite the sound for us on stage being truly awful....we played the first half as best we could but by the second half it was wildly out of control so made it hard to be able to hear each other,when your in a festival situation there isn't time to sort things out so simple shouted requests are pretty normal and as the monitor engineer is always fuckin miles away you have to shout loudly off the microphone for him to hear you in between songs,that is usually seconds apart between songs so polite manners go out the window it's a given in our game and I've NEVER fallen out with a monitor engineer in 30 years...anyway we had as I said a good gig despite this and from our point of view I had a laugh with the crowd it's what I've always done can't see how it was any different from normal????....,how the hell it came across as wife hating is beyond me.....was there loads of acid at that festival???....as for an encore we didn't do one because we'd run out of time simple as that there was a curfew......the end....and as I've learned over the years you can't please everyone all the time although I do try .. but I'm not getting into any mud slinging folks i refuse to entertain it,I'm almost at the end of what has been a really enjoyable journey with this album only one more gig left at the end of October then more hard work on.....well that'd be telling...!!!

Many thanks to the Ramsbottom folks for asking us to play and good luck to you for the continued success of the festival ..>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:02 am 
Hawleytastic!

No mention of living with badgers. And as for what comes next, if you want my opinion the Coronation Street job would be wrong for you. It hasn't been worth watching since Elsie Tanner left...x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:15 am 
Hawleytastic!

Norris requires a stand in...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:22 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
more hard work on.....well that'd be telling...!!!

Oh go on..........just a tiny little hint???

Please? :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:50 am 
Regular

There has to be time for one more sky's edge gig surely. Christmas one. There have to be some more caves that need playing, surely? God I love this album!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:54 pm 
Regular

Enjoyed Richards music for a number of years now but Rammy was my first Hawley gig.
One word Sensational.
Didn't feel the cold at all and the sound sounded great to us. Looking forward to seeing a full set soon.
Thank you so much for making a cracking little festival superb.
Loved everything.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:30 am 
Site Admin

Someone has uploaded to You Tube quite a few videos from the gig. I'll just post one, you can link to the others through this guy's account.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music