Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:38 am 
The Boss

I'm with you.....always.....all of you.....time to be magnificent in the face of it all xx

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yes, be magnificent, we are after all, aren't we?

Be passionate and stand up for what you believe in, whatever that may be. We can't expect other people to do it for us. It's the 70th anniversary of VE Day today and our grandparents didn't fight to beat fascism and build a caring society, with an NHS and a welfare state, where people were looked after, for us to just piss it away by doing fuck all. The rich have always looked after themselves and anything ordinary people have got has been fought for, not given.

Next time they go for your hospital, your neighbour, your kids' school, make sure you're one of the ones trying to stop it. Because if we don't, future generations will never forgive us.

I have plenty of gin at home if anyone wants to sit round my kitchen table and put the world to rights. xxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:19 pm 
Too much time on my hands

It's a very sad and depressing day.......beware all vulnerable people, the elderly, the poor, the sick, the young.......I think we have seen nothing yet....our beloved NHS, which is already on way to privatisation, will crumble, the elderly and sick will be left without care, working families will be brought to their knees.... the young left without hope! I really really hope I'm wrong.......a sad, sad day.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Cheer up Marie. I really feel your pain.

But every cloud. It's not worse than when Thatcher was elected and she was done in by people protesting over the Poll Tax.

Evil triumphs when good people do nothing, or something like that.

Lots of depressed people out there but what a better way to feel better than to do this:

http://www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk/en ... _20th_june

I know lots of good places to grab a sneaky gin...x

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:11 pm 
Hawleytastic!

beaux nidle wrote:
dear god, I could weep.

Sums it up.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:21 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I feel much as I felt in 1992, that same nausea of realisation that so many people live by Thatcher's mantra of no such thing as society. I don't kid nyself that a Miliband government would have been the answer but the oily fuckers back on their own terms is truly distressing. I rather think people are missing the point about the SNP triumph, it's rather more than nationalism - a well presented argument of passion and conviction against austerity and the persecution of the poor CAN appeal to voters.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:27 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Walking, deadbeat and downtrodden, to work this morning down a sunny country lane, past the local church - when 6 music played a song with the words...

Those people, they got nothing in their souls
And they make our TVs blind us
From our vision and our goals
Oh the trigger of time it tricks you
So you have no way to grow

But do you know that
Tonight - the streets are ours
Tonight - the streets are ours
These lights in our hearts, they tell no lies

And I found a little self belief that one day... ..>

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:41 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I can't quite believe it. Everyone I knew voted Labour or Green. What has just happened? I love your optimism and spirit, Helen, and I am with you but I am still in shock at the moment. Give me a few days and the fighting spirit will come back. I hope. X

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:22 pm 
I need a life

I was shocked and saddened to see the election result overnight as most were that I know - im not in the UK anymore, but its still very fond to me - so sad to see whats happening... but as long as there are good people like you guys and groups like 38 Degrees etc etc... I'm still convinced the world will be alright for now - and if not anarchy is always an option ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:16 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I have whinged my tits off all day.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:44 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Sympathies from Canada, where we have our own Con-servative shitheel government, voted for by Conned-servatives. It faces the electorate in October and I hope we have better luck than you did Thursday. We too are stuck for the moment with FPTP voting, which needs to be abolished yesterday in any place where there are more than two parties running.

I've long said that the only people who should have no reservations about voting for right-wing parties are white, straight, Christian males who make over $100K a year. You're missing a lug-nut on your wheels for each one of the boxes you don't tick.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:54 am 
Hawleytastic!

With almost 3500 members on here, no one has come on and said it was the right result, well done
the Conservatives and congratulations Dave!

Funny that! :shock:

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:23 pm 
Hawleytastic!

My Sister is 'politically active' and has just been re elected as a Tory Councilor.

She's happy - I am sad - but we still get on ..>

Still cannot believe the result - and that again about 33% couldn't be bothered to vote...

Anyway - off to play some Neil McSweeney to cheer meself up.

Last edited by Poppy Dog on Mon May 11, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:54 am 
Hawleytastic!

There has been a lot of debate and interesting ideas around since and I think some good may come out of it. There might be a fight for the soul of the Labour Party and, if the pink Tories like the Chuka Umunnas and Peter Mandelsons of this world get their way, I think we could see the birth of something new, something people like me would be proud to vote for.

In all this interesting stuff, one fact has hit me between the eyes. The Tories only polled half a percentage point more than they did in 2010 – it was just the collapse of everyone else's vote and the rise of UKIP that secured their victory. They don't have a mandate to rule and, if they go for the poor and vulnerable or try to decimate the NHS, we have to remember that and get stuck in. Maggie and I have talked, I'm bringing sandwiches and shandy, and there is plenty to go round should folks wish to join us.

Anyhow, if I come across interesting stuff, I'll stick it up here, regardless of whether people are remotely bothered in reading it. I think Paul Mason might be my new favourite person...

http://blogs.channel4.com/paul-mason-bl ... worse/3671

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ral-divide

xxxx

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Paul Mason is gigging

https://membership.theguardian.com/even ... MP=ema-608

You can go and cheer
:D

Looks like the percentage vote of the members won't be a mandate but the same or less is fine yo govern. The fuckers have started already

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32702585