Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:03 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

he's back and the theme is "the chemist shop" cracking yarn about the girl in the leopard skin top and the durex machine.
Band are on fire straight out of the blocks

Which Way
Streets
Skys Edge
I still want you
Leave your body behind you
Sometimes I feel
Open up your Door - fook me Richard you nailed it
Tuesday PM - sort of dedicated to his sister Becky
Time will bring you winter
Down in the woods
Don't stare at the sun
Hearts of Oak
Storm
What love means
Seek it
The Ocean

Was it High Hazels that opened - very Hawleyesque and great band (unsigned)

Well worth the trip from Wiltshire - greetings to Jean and Egg (and another gent I met but forgot his name - Jean help !) and Bronya the latest recruit to the forum.
Front rail and lovin it...
Thanks Richard and the band top night

Last edited by jamesy on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:17 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

EDIT

With grateful thanks to Peter at the PictureDrome who linked me up with someone.
It's showtime !
Now where's my compass....which way should I go ? :wink: :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:27 am 
Hawleytastic!

Great to meet you .....Thanks for the drink and the set list ......other guy was Nick ...aka efsb.....my highlights were all the new ones ..would have liked the whole album! And Streets....Storm was great as was The Ocean .....and my top pick was Open Up Your Door as I didn't expect it and for personal reasons it always gets me very emotional ....magic!
You have to love the Picuredrome .....front rail every time ....Fab!

Ps ...Shez is so cool......

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:46 am 
Hawleytastic!

Just a couple of phone shots......Nick will no doubt post his usual stunners later

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:10 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Techno duffer here - I wish I knew how to post pics :oops:

The new stuff was epic and OUYD well fook me gently was that superb or what words fail me....

I absolutely adore The Ocean but I think our position glued to the front rail meant the sound was not great, as the Shez/Richard duelling at the end was a bit of a blur. However, Andy & Andrea and their mates and Dean's possee from Brum ( greetings you guys in The Nook) who all stood further back said the sound was great.

Serves us right for having a great view :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:51 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Yay!! :Hoorah

What is the very pretty backdrop made of? It looks like maybe laser-cut plywood in the shattered-glass shards design. And maybe with a "Which Way" steering wheel in the middle? How fitting, and it looks super cool. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:01 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Hi Myra

Richard says he's never worked a day in his life but he's outed himself. His day job is car sales at the Mercedes Benz dealership in Sheffield :wink:

Seriously I guess the round rear lights you are talking about are his, (?) but the back of the stage just seemed to be random cloth drapes which turned out to look different depending on what stage lighting was in-play.

The venue was special. Wish there were more of these small distinctive theatres left. For those that not familiar, standing for about 4-500 downstairs and 2 balconies of seats. I guess no more than 650 ish capacity ?

Just woke up at the Huntsman pub up on the moor - just as well cos that's where I left my car..... :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:15 am 
I need a life

nice setlist! but i hope to hear more old stuff also....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:35 am 
Hawleytastic!

Great gig! :Hoorah Hawley and the band were on top form and I thought the setlist worked really well,
new songs sounding really good, for me Heart of Oak followed by Storm was epic! ..>

Good to see Jean and Nick and meet Bronya and Jamesy, who I have to say was bouncing from being
outside in the queue to the last bars of The Ocean! http://richardhawleyforum.co.uk/templates/exposion_dark/images/logo_phpBB_med.gif

Love The Picturedrome, especially as it's only over the hill for me, but now looking forward to seeing
how it all works in the bigger setting of the Arena in Sheffield in a couple of weeks. ..>

Back with a bang.....BIG BANG! :Hoorah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:32 am 
Too much time on my hands

Really struggled for a ticket but got lucky! Thank you so much kind sirs, I really appreciate it so much.
Drove down from Glasgow and after the gig down to London and I have to say I'm so glad I took a chance because I thought it was brilliant, I love to see Richard and the band in these type of venues they sound so good......and so loud!!
Great set list with a few added bits in some songs, great sounds. Really looking forward to Brighton, Cambridge, Dublin, Sheffield and The Roundhouse, can it get better? Well, we all look for improvement in all we do but this could take some beating. Thanks again. Top Man. ..>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:08 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Good to meet everyone (again) and some for the first time (Jamesy) last night! I'll be posting more photos next week, but I'm away until Wednesday, after the Birmingham gig - here's some from Holmfirth to be getting on with. All my pics from the gigs that I'm attending on this tour will be stuck in this album on Flickr.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:19 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

jamesy wrote:
Hi Myra

Richard says he's never worked a day in his life but he's outed himself. His day job is car sales at the Mercedes Benz dealership in Sheffield :wink:

Seriously I guess the round rear lights you are talking about are his, (?) but the back of the stage just seemed to be random cloth drapes which turned out to look different depending on what stage lighting was in-play.

Ohhh I get it. :D There are some more gig pictures on his Facebook page now, and I can see better what was going on! But that's hilarious, you understand my confusion. :roll: So glad it was such a great time!