Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jeremy Corbyn
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:51 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yay!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:39 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I welled up listening to it being announced. First time I have felt optimistic in years. Excellent, excellent news!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:03 pm 

At last! We've been a long time waiting...exciting stuff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:40 am 
Hawleytastic!

I've not sung the national anthem since I got thrown out of the Brownies. And, although I attend memorials and funerals (increasingly), I don't sing hymns or say prayers.

When I think of the brave men and women who died in the Second World War, I don't think of the Queen or actually, factually, a long-dead King. I think of those who fought to defeat fascism and the lack of freedom and democracy that goes with it.

I'm glad I am now a fully-fledged member of a party whose leader is not a hypocrite and, whilst being fully respectful of other's traditions, does not participate in something he doesn't believe in.

In short, on the day the government voted to abolish child tax credits – in a country where four million children are living in poverty – all we're supposed to care about is whether Jezzer wore the right clothes or showed enough deference to God and Queen.

It's three days in and the papers and Blairite Labour MPs are trying to form a pincer movement to fuck the man over and it's time for all good people to defend him and what he represents, rather than echo the Murdochs and the rest of the newspaper owners who, after all, expressed their loyalty to the Queen by bugging the phones of members of her family to tell us all about their tampon fetishes. x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:14 am 
Hawleytastic!

It seems the war was only fought by monarchists for monarchists and to be a republican means you automatically have no respect for country or sacrifice. In conclusion the war was not about defeating evil fascism but a statement of support for royalty. It's all so predictable. I've been told to stand up for my coubtry at football when the dirge is sung but fail to see how a song honouring one person is about my country. People are so easily offended about nothing and so accepting of repression and cruelty inflicted on so many who live here. Well done Corbyn for being honest and dignified. I don't think the queen sings either...someone better tell Mr Soames

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:46 am 
Hawleytastic!

So......almost 4 months in, Cabinet Reshuffle........everyone happy?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Not totally – he should’ve got rid of more of them! The fact about it is that there are a group of them, regularly meeting the media and feeding them with untrue or malicious stories about Corbyn, in the hope that if they throw shit, enough of it will stick to get rid of him.

This rump of careerist, Blairite no-marks had their chance. Their passionless drivel and lack of principles lost Labour the election and, when that triggered a leadership battle, they were trounced. Whatever you think about Corbyn, you can’t say he doesn’t have the mandate of Labour Party members.

They remind me of toddlers having a tantrum when they don’t get their own way, their behaviour getting worse and worse, and louder and louder in vain hope it will produce a change of heart.

Speaking as a new Labour (not New Labour) member, I would love to just ignore them, like I used to with my son when he threw a wobbler in the sweet isle at the supermarket, just carry on with the shopping until he realised he was getting nowhere.

But then, my boy is sweet and beautiful, and I love him with all my heart. But obviously, the same cannot be said of these careerist arseholes, who lack the charm of tantruming toddlers.

If I were Jezzer, I would have a clear out, not of people who disagree with him but of career politicians, the Westminster elite who’ve never had a proper job, so therefore have never had to compromise and work alongside people who don’t always share your opinions.

Fuck ‘em with bells on, Egg my love. Bet you wished you never asked…

PS I wrote to Michael Dugher, as he was shadow culture secretary, about a Labour council privatising my son's music school. He didn't even acknowledge me.

I wrote to Lucy Powell, shadow education secretary, as well. She wrote back to say it was none of her business.

See my point?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
Not totally – he should’ve got rid of more of them! The fact about it is that there are a group of them, regularly meeting the media and feeding them with untrue or malicious stories about Corbyn, in the hope that if they throw shit, enough of it will stick to get rid of him.

This rump of careerist, Blairite no-marks had their chance. Their passionless drivel and lack of principles lost Labour the election and, when that triggered a leadership battle, they were trounced. Whatever you think about Corbyn, you can’t say he doesn’t have the mandate of Labour Party members.

They remind me of toddlers having a tantrum when they don’t get their own way, their behaviour getting worse and worse, and louder and louder in vain hope it will produce a change of heart.

Speaking as a new Labour (not New Labour) member, I would love to just ignore them, like I used to with my son when he threw a wobbler in the sweet isle at the supermarket, just carry on with the shopping until he realised he was getting nowhere.

But then, my boy is sweet and beautiful, and I love him with all my heart. But obviously, the same cannot be said of these careerist arseholes, who lack the charm of tantruming toddlers.

If I were Jezzer, I would have a clear out, not of people who disagree with him but of career politicians, the Westminster elite who’ve never had a proper job, so therefore have never had to compromise and work alongside people who don’t always share your opinions.

Fuck ‘em with bells on, Egg my love. Bet you wished you never asked…

PS I wrote to Michael Dugher, as he was shadow culture secretary, about a Labour council privatising my son's music school. He didn't even acknowledge me.

I wrote to Lucy Powell, shadow education secretary, as well. She wrote back to say it was none of her business.

See my point?

I agree totally.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:59 am 
The Boss

Can't make an omelette without cracking eggs etc

There's a LOT of dead weight in the Labour Party and its going to take time to get rid,it must be a nightmare though....every single thing he does is reported BIG,I hope he succeeds I really do....I still have hope.....god I must be stupid to still believe in politics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:30 am 
Hawleytastic!

True that. And I feel hopeful too, for the first time in years. So you're in good company. x

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:45 am 

I'm hoping the absurd nit picking and lies from the papers makes people wake up and start thinking for themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:00 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Been following along, excited for you guys, all fingers crossed for better days. Very similar situation here, we're working on it. :) And just think, what if we both get our collective act together? There'd be nothing we couldn't do. ..> A wise man once said: it gets so hard at times like now just to hold on. That's the truth, it's exhausting to keep your head in the game and continue to believe in transcendence, and to have enthusiasm, when it so often looks irretrievably ruined. Enough disappointment makes you despair of actual, concrete change ever happening.

But I don't know. This feels different. Maybe I'm fooling myself, as I have many times before, but it seems like we're on the cusp of something and we just need an extra strong push to get over the hump. I'm hoping, anyway. I don't know much, but I know from personal experience that these things work on an upward spiral. You just need one good thing to go right, or couple of small things, and then you're on your way to spiraling up and out of the depressing sinkhole that's holding you down.

It's all about momentum. Momentum is what I'm clinging to, the idea that we can pick up speed and just gather enough force for us to run over these assholes and start putting things right again. I have to believe that. Good luck to all of us!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:55 am 
Hawleytastic!

H, you appear to be a meme (and I had to look that up on Urban Dictionary)...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:12 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Exactly right. JC Has been the image of dignity amidst the monstrous media onslaught and the frankly criminal mouth wobbling bile slobbered by Cameron.who disgraces his office every time he refers to Jeremy Corbyn. Thank you for speaking out so warmly Richatd, we need folk with a public profile to point people in the direction of humanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:43 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I do find it fascinating, that with almost 3500 on here, no one comes on and says "actually, I applaud
Cameron for what he's doing / done and think Corbyn is a bit of a Luddite!", you know, like you get in
the boozer late on any given Friday! :BEEEER

Demographic would say there has to be some on here that think that, but maybe the thought of going
head to head with Helen, Exapno and H, just isn't worth the ensuing bloodbath! :wink:

:bom:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next