PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:55 am 
Site Admin

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatso ... wley-97394

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject: Re: Meltdown 2016
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:20 am 
Too much time on my hands

Tickets booked for Richard and I Am Kloot at Meltdown. Richards gig, train up to London, little pub round the corner to watch England beat the Welsh at the Euros, something to eat and then concert.......should be a good day out :D ..> <*>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

And support is the wonderful C Duncan

http://musicglue.com/cduncan/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:41 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Well, I wasn't going to go but now I am... Southbank one of my favourite places in London, especially in the summer... have no idea who anyone else is on the bill but in for a penny...x

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:35 am 
Hawleytastic!

So, I heard some Guy Garvie on Jamie Cullum's jazz show last night and he sounded alright. See, who said I was musically myopic? x

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:27 pm 
Newcomer

Got tickets today! Can't wait - never been to Royal Festival Hall :D

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:27 pm 
Newcomer

I only just found out about this gig when I went on the Southbank website tonight to book tickets for I am Kloot. so.... I'm going to see I am Kloot on the Monday & then to see Richard Hawley on the Thursday. Two of my favorite artists at the same venue & in the same week! Well excited!
Is there anymore news on what to expect at the gig?
I am Kloot are playing with an orchestra, is Richard? Also, the website says Richard will be playing songs from his latest album but can we expect more? The set list at the Guildhall in Southampton was his best yet, in my opinion, so more of the same would be gratefully received :D

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:07 am 
Hawleytastic!

South Bank is one of my favourite places in London. Arrive earlier and have a drink on the terrace, looking out over the river. Brilliant place to be on a summer's night, especially as night comes in. xx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

Just checked the Southbank site and it seems Fionn Regan is now the support.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:14 pm 
I need a life

Fionn Regan (*) (*) what a beautiful support for Richard.....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:11 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Are we having a forum meet up?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:40 am 
Newcomer

Any I Am Kloot fans who missed Monday night, missed something truly special. Hearing them play with an orchestra was fantastic!
Looking forward to seeing Richard there tonight as well :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:03 am 
Hawleytastic!

What a great night at the Southbank. The band were on great form.

It was a return visit for me as I first went to see H there, the year it snowed really badly and had to be postponed. My other half bought me tickets for my birthday but wasn't a fan. When I returned from a trip to the loo, he asked whether I had been to try and score some HRT in the toilets, referring to the demographic of the people around us.

This time, I left him at home and bought a similarly-aged friend who, as luck would have it, didn't need to score HRT as she had some in her handbag.

Upsides
1. I loved the band. Their playing seems effortless, comfortable and better each time I have seen them. And the violin lady is beautiful.
2. The band showed definite signs of the funk, especially Colin. Are they morphing into George Clinton and Parliament?
3. What Love Means is now cemented as my favourite H song. The stuff coming out of my eyes was not sentimental tears but the result of hayfever and a strong head cold.
4. I like Shez on the glukenspiel – if you ever get short, I can play the claves.

Downsides
1. I have never been to a gig where so many people needed to get up and go to the bar/toilet. I discussed this with my fella when I got home and he said it was probably a bladder thing, as it holds a lot less liquid as you get older. But that does not excuse the hairy bloke with the huge head sitting in front of me, who had to go three times, exposing his bum cleavage each time, which was so low that you could almost see his gonads. Really unpleasant although at least I would have had somewhere to put my phone in an emergency.
2. I got through the night on a cocktail of Day Nurse/Red Bull and gin as I have a stinker of a cold, then got soaked to the skin walking to Waterloo.

All in all, though, a lovely night, in one of my favourite bits of London, almost couldn't tear myself away from the terrace overlooking the river, but really glad I did. x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:03 am 
Hawleytastic!

Yet another fabulous evening. We were lucky and had seats in the second row so didn’t have to suffer the distraction of people coming and going all night Helen – drives me mad. Dashing to the loo I can just about understand it’s the trips to the bar for drinks that puzzle me. If you can’t go for more than an hour why not take a couple of drinks in with you?

Anyway that said Richard and the guys were brilliant as always – great setlist of the newer tracks and old favourites – think my favourite last night was I Still Want You.

Oh and the support Fionn Regan was just lovely :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:12 am 
Site Admin

Oh boy did it rain - we waited a while in case it eased off, scrambled across Hungerford Bridge getting soaked on one side only. m But well worth it.

As to all the comings and goings, as FPL says we missed that being near the front, but at the John Grant gig the night before we were on the second level with a view of a lot of the venue and all the bloody time people were up and down - luckily our row were able to contain their thirst/bladder or sheer wanderlust. I go to the cinema and theatre and people stay in their seats for the entire time but at gigs it seems the norm to do as much disturbing as you can to take away the enjoyment of the evening.

The gig was, as always, fantastic, the dedications (Tonight the Streets are Ours to Jo Cox and Heart of Oak to Dave Swarbrick) full of poignancy.

Set list was pretty much as previous gigs.

Have to thank Caryne for obtaining the decent tickets for me, she came up trumps as a South Bank member able to book early.