Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4494 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272 ... 300  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:35 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
beaux nidle wrote:
just noticed this by me pal Matt
you'd like this helen…

http://www.phm.org.uk/whatson/the-battl ... t-to-vote/

looks like a brilliant place. Definitely one to put on my post-redundancy road trip to-do list.

'tis a fantastic place, me and me pals in the lonesome and penniless cowboys did a benefit gig (with various folk) a couple of years ago for the museum.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
Henri Herbert at the Greystones last night really enjoyed it despite the poor clarity in sound you couldn't hear or distinguish the excellent piano playing from the bass guitar until later in the set where it improved....the band were great....a mix of original songs and covers by the likes of Jerry Lee Lewis,Howlin Wolf,Little Walter,Ray Charles amongst others....the originals were proof of a real talent and the song writing is strong.....worth your time folks.

fancied that myself but had other stuff on. i saw him with jim jones review, knockout.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:13 am 
The Boss

Yeah he's got it goin on....a bit of harmonica would add I reckon :wink:

Back at the Greystones again tonight to see Johnny Wood and comrades rock the house....great band lots of fun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
Yeah he's got it goin on....a bit of harmonica would add I reckon :wink:

Back at the Greystones again tonight to see Johnny Wood and comrades rock the house....great band lots of fun

If you're not off playing somewhere, then Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison are on at the Greystones on 24th July (The day after I get back from your show in Dublin!) and Ron Block and Sierra Hull on 30th July. They're both amazing players -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:14 am 
Site Admin

Well John Grant was bloody awesome. The Royal Albert Hall was a good place for him to appear, wonde3rful lighting show, great sound.

Cate Le Bon appeared for one song (Torn Between Two Lovers), then we were told the evening was going to get sexier and on came Richard to play guitar through Disappointing. And as a further treat Kylie came on stage to perform Glacier with John and pretty amazing that was, very poignant in the wake of what happened in Orlando.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:27 am 
The Boss

Granty is great i love to hear him and the band play those amazing songs....a lovely set of people too I wish them the very best

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:32 pm 
Newcomer

Hit a bit of a quiet spot at the mo with gigs after a busy first half of the year. Last one we saw was Father John Misty at Rock City a few weeks ago which was really good and the 2nd time we've seen him.

We saw Ben Poole and Steve Nimo at Greystones a couple of weeks ago, love that venue, in fact probably going back tomorrow night too to see Aynsley Lister.

Coming up we'll be seeing The Specials, Michael Kiwanuka, Nathaniel Rateliff and 68-75 :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:45 am 
Hawleytastic!

Went to see the Rezillos last night - it was a semi-private booking (A 50th birthday party with tickets on general sale) in a local biker's pub where I've played dozens of times. Local supports were excellent - Gypsy Frisson and the Skalinskis.

I last saw the Rezillos 39 years ago, supporting the Ramones - they don't seemed to have practised much since then, but that's hardly the point - they put on a fun act that's become a bit cabaret, but they obviously still enjoy doing it, so all power to them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

..and then I went to see St Paul & the Broken Bones - booked yonks ago and despite it being a midweek gig on a school night with an hour's drive each way and feeling under the weather, I'm glad I went. Joyous music and what a voice.

The obligatory photos:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:56 pm 
I need a life

last Primavera Sound 8)

next Glen Hansard and The Lost Brothers monday Jul 4 ..>

then Sigur Ros saturday Jul 9

<*>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:06 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I saw C.W. Stoneking at the weekend in Dublin. Fantastic gig. His new sound, with the backing singers and the electric guitar is just amazing. Highly recommended.

He plays London tonight.

http://www.songkick.com/artists/398291-cw-stoneking

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:54 am 
Too much time on my hands

johnny wrote:
I saw C.W. Stoneking at the weekend in Dublin. Fantastic gig. His new sound, with the backing singers and the electric guitar is just amazing. Highly recommended.

He plays London tonight.

http://www.songkick.com/artists/398291-cw-stoneking

Last night in Islington he was brilliant and the crowd loved him :Hoorah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Stevie next Sunday in Hyde Park. Broken my rule of generally not seeing anyone good in a field because I've loved him since I was old enough to even listen to music. x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:22 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hope Mr Wonder is a wonder. Some bastard stole my copy of Talking Book in 1992, a truly sublime record. I still have my uncle's 45 of For Once In My Life. He transcends his many abberations and I'm sure he'll repay any mud and field type experiences you dread

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:53 pm 
Hawleytastic!

exapno mapcase wrote:
Hope Mr Wonder is a wonder. Some bastard stole my copy of Talking Book in 1992, a truly sublime record. I still have my uncle's 45 of For Once In My Life. He transcends his many abberations and I'm sure he'll repay any mud and field type experiences you dread

Talking Book was the first record I ever bought with my only money. I was 12. I must listen to Stevie every day and my favourite song changes all the time. And everything you say is true – he's ultimate proof that, as long as you have reached perfection at least once, you can be a bit shit and be absolutely forgiven.

I think I Believe When I Fall In Love With You is my favourite Stevie tune today... but tomorrow, who knows? xxxxx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4494 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272 ... 300  Next