Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 584, 585, 586, 587, 588, 589, 590 ... 592  Next
 Post subject: Re: How HAPPY are you?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:17 pm 
Hawley Groupie

I don't own a hair dryer. Some times my youngest does my hair for me. It looks good, but the fuffing about, drives me nuts. It takes ages and it's not the most comfortable of experiences. Plus having hot air blown at you at my age isn't great. The barber beckons more strongly than ever.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I am happy/sad that the second of my three lads turns 18 this week - happy as it"s a landmark I worried about for him but he's such a happy soul and has turned out marvellously Sad because I still miss their childhood selves. Also chuffed my eldest lad finally got a job that starts next week almost a year since he finished his dergree and with just odd sales of his graphic art in all that time

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:13 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Awwww. I feel your pain. My 16 year old this week officially became taller than his dad. It's the passage of time, such a bummer. Nobody told me about that bit. Should we be maudlin together?

My advice for any budding 18 year old? Don't go out drinking with your dad, who orders you drinks of many colours, blue ones, green ones, yellow ones which sets you off on a path that ends with you getting your stomach pumped and your mother refusing to speak to "your fucking bastard father" for a month as a result. Just saying... X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:30 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Can I join in please? My youngest (and me) have been going to and fro to London for interviews for a placement for her uni course. I know I should make her go on her own. But shes way too trusting and can be a bit divvy (rude but true) and I wasn't sure she could work the underground. Sadly, she proved that she can't. I asked her a couple of times 'what way do you think?' She hadn't a clue. I miss my little girl, that was away with the fairies so much of the time. At least she didn't have to manage the underground then. I will be a very proud mum if she gets a placement, but a petrified one as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:53 pm 
Hawleytastic!

What's she looking to do? PM me, I might be able to help. I do know lots of people so I might know someone who does what she's doing. xxxx

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:51 am 
Hawleytastic!

Had very lovely night in boho Soho with Maggie, sampling "Gin Palace Shandy" – gin, lime and pale ale, who knew? – and chips. She, a proper northern lass, and me, a Cockney fucker, both agreed that a bar stool in Soho on a sunny May evening, watching the weird world go by, is a mighty fine thing. Oh, and much discussion on how similar Sheffield and London were but that would be far too a controversial subject for the anti-that-there-London twats among you. Oh, and while waiting, I was offered a couple of tricks by sleazy-looking weirdos, obviously a niche market of middle-aged mum type hookers that, being a bore from the 'burbs, had previously escaped my notice. xxx

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:01 am 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

It was indeed lovely. I was a happy tourist, London looked fabulous in the sunshine and I resisted t'urge to buy a gimp mask( I still can't believe that they're a real thing!)
The time went over too quickly - we will do it again in October x

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:04 am 
Hawleytastic!

I thought, what with the old man's birthday coming up, it might be just the thing! And I don't normally go out to eat and the shop next door sells sex toys but, when in Soho... Had a proper lovely time and already looking forward to an October rematch... with no exam in the morning!! xxx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:50 pm 
Hawleytastic!

My last day in my job today. Feeling happy to be free. May start looking for something else, but not in a hurry. <*>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Susie wrote:
My last day in my job today. Feeling happy to be free. May start looking for something else, but not in a hurry. <*>

Enjoy and embrace the freedom. ..>

Seriously thinking Br.egg.it :oops: on so many levels as I think we've just lost the plot!

Maybe a pipe dream, but I'm convinced I'd make it if I did actually just fuck off!
Extra time and penalties in the footy = far too much beer! :BEEEER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:45 pm 
Newcomer

I'm happy and pissed off at the mo.

I'm because after 19 years working in the same place, i've decided to move on. I'm leaving a 28 year career in dentistry (nurse/reception/practice manager) and moving on to Bassetlaw council. I'm looking forward to a fresh start and meeting new people.

I'm pissed off cos when I got my wage slip on Friday, my current employer, without warning, decided to take £900 out of my wages!! I rang payroll who talked to me like i was a kid and said there were no errors. But when my manager spoke to them, there was an error and they should have only taken £70 from me for over taken holidays which i was expecting. Not much difference!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:22 am 
Hawleytastic!

My gorgeous boy, who is in all ways a delightful person, has just done brilliantly in his GCSEs. He worked so hard and I'm happy for him his grades matched his efforts and that he is looking forward to making his way in the world. Big smiley face today. Love his bones. xxxx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Super, pleased for your lad and you, hope he gets to do all he wants to.
My middle lad did shit in his A levels and it broke me up seeing him fail to get where he wants, he"s a smiley person and he's adjusted to his second choice quickly, More than anything I pray he always has that positive sense of himself

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Exapno, think the marking is harsh this year. Too many working class kids aspiring to be educated beyond what the Tories are prepared to offer them. Can't have ordinary lads and lasses being celebrated for their intelligence. That would never do.

And I don't really go for the whole measuring kids by grades thing. I know this is possibly Utopian and a little hippy. But I like the sound of a smiley and adjusted boy. I do lots of interviews here, for full time staff and interns. And some of the top achievers are just dullards, with none of the attributes needed to work with people or understand our community.

I admire the kids doing night shift at McDonalds or who do shitty shifts in Tesco but want to aspire to better things. Better to be rounded out as graduates, unfortunately, are all over the place, it's the other stuff that makes you stand out.

Sure your boy will make his way with aplomb and be happy. He's got a good dad too. xxx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:55 am 
Hawleytastic!

Happy, I think? Friday is my last day at work as I'm being made redundant. Worked at the same place for 19 years, in which time I've had both my kids and met some of the best people I know. So, although I am happy to be embarking on a new thing, I have a few mixed feelings. I'm 50 this year and, while I am happy to be given the chance to kinda reinvent myself, I am a little scared too.

Wish me luck! Over the next week or so, I shall mostly be pissed it seems, as lunch and evening are totally booked up with a stream of people wanting to say goodbye. Will keep you posted if I go into total meltdown... xxxx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 584, 585, 586, 587, 588, 589, 590 ... 592  Next