Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:25 pm 
Regular poster

I appreciate that there are many thousands of acts out there to choose from but Richard and management, please could I ask that you take a minute to read this?

I have just returned from a yet another very enjoyable holiday in Corralejo, Fuerteventura where I usually spend most evenings in the Rock Island Bar, an intimate and highly respected acoustic music venue. The owners regularly invite musicians over from the UK and believe me, you have to be good to play there.

This time around I was privileged to see an incredibly talented band from Leicester called Mia and The Moon comprising of two sisters on acoustic guitar and keyboards who have the most wonderful voices you could imagine. They have just released their first album, Fall Awake, which I haven’t stopped playing since I got back. They have also just been nominated in the Best Country/Folk Act category for the Unsigned Music Awards 2016 although when you hear them you wouldn’t pigeon hole them in that genre!

Having seen the excellent talents of numerous artistes supporting Richard over many years these are two girls who (IMHO) would fit perfectly as a support act should the opportunity arise. So if Richard and/or the management are reading this, please check them out as they honestly are a professional and class act and a delight to listen to. YouTube is a very good place to start 8)

Their 2012 X-Factor bootcamp exit strategy is a great story too :wink:

Last edited by simonj on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:54 pm 
Regular poster

Probably should have linked a YouTube video......... :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg2bDSUImrE