Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 729, 730, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735 ... 737  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:20 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I love that we have seasons (or what passes for them these days - never feels like we get a proper winter now but mebbes that's living in London's grip). Before I had bairns autumn was my favourite season, summer was the best when they were wee, now they are all 16+ I might just settle back to my autumnal passion. Like the cold accompanied by brightness, love torrential rain, drizzly bleak cold is miserable

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:58 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

We should all be very angry, after reading this:

https://www.parliament.uk/documents/com ... iefing.pdf

Government Brexit impact assessments.

Shows how much worse off the Tories want to make us.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:12 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Oh well, bang goes the microwave, then :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee...sad day the Ian Hunter Message Board is closing down...a few years ago the Ron Sexsmith Board went the same way...you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone folks :cry:

Facebook is fine...but a Message Board is finer...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:22 am 

Indeed. Much prefer a message board to Face-ache. Only went there because this broke down that time :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I remain a staunch non facebooker

I am a twit but not a twitterer

I do like the message board - well this one

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:56 am 

Neighbour has a garage & a parking space in front of it, so why has he parked his car on the private land beside my garage? Opposite the sign that says ''PRIVATE LAND''. I like to live a quiet life & not bother anybody, so why do people have to come & interfere with things that are not theirs?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:39 am 
Site Admin

The woman in the end house at my dad's is territorial about the piece of road outside her house, even to the extent of telling the ambulance men who came for mum that they couldn't park there. Just before mum died the woman picked on my nephew who had enough of her rantings so asked one of his mum's police friends to call and caution the lady and explain that anyone can park in that spot (she basically wanted to retain it for if ever her son came to visit which was rare).

She's stopped it now and is now attempting to be friends with dad - we even invited her to his 90th on Saturday but she didn't turn up as the majority of people at the party were ones she had a go at about parking :D

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:57 am 

Spoke to the neighbour about the car. He tried to pull the ''Oh, I thought the space was mine to park on, as the letting's agent said I had some land there with the house.'' No mate, the land you have there is the garden adjacent to my land. The garden that is five foot high in brambles & other people's discarded junk. You can do what you like with that. Anyway he was alright about it & has vowed to move other people who park in the road outside his house! Good luck with that then! Why do people with two cars & not enough space to park them have to become my problem? Apparently folks have been getting parking tickets for blocking the dropped kerb recently. They ought to sort out the ones who park on the apex of the bend too. :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

A local legend in the Stoke area, Mark Bailey, aka the Trent Vale Poet, died just over a week ago, of cancer. He embraced his fate with great courage and even made -and performed in a wheelchair at - a benefit gig organised by the local music scene, three days before he died. This was the video put together by his family and friends at his wake:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:22 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Posted this in another part but worth a go:

So, some robbing, shitty, arsehole, tosspot scammed my boy's friend for a Reading ticket, taking £250 off him, posting an empty envelope and shutting down their PayPal account. I know it's a lesson learnt but sickens me. Means my boy probably won't end up going because he won't want to without his friend.

Anyone knows anyone selling, can they let me know? What started as a trip to celebrate their A levels has turned into a bit of a nightmare. Happy to pay and collect. xxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:38 am 

Once again I have avoided having the front wall of my house demolished by a car. I was only saved by my neighbour's garden wall, a heavy stone structure, which took the full force & is now wrecked. The car, of course, drove off at speed despite considerable damage - part of a wheel was left behind. So quickly in fact that by the time I'd gathered my wits I was too late to see what it was. This was at 5am on Sunday. I doubt the police have found who it was. Neighbour now has to bear the cost of this & I'm feeling pretty rattled by it, so whoever the driver was, I sincerely hope they're in considerable discomfort, without a vehicle & facing hefty financial loss. Stupidity of some sort caused that & could have killed somebody. And they haven't got the balls to face the music.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:28 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

No posts here for nearly two months now! I love to have, and read about someone having a good rant about something :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:48 am 

Where shall I begin? :evil: :roll: The heating's on too high at work, there were dogs barking outside just now - at five am, on bonfire night people were parking so far on the pavement outside my house that pedestrians were having to walk in the road, my laptop STILL hasn't come back from being repaired and bloody Christmas is coming. Will that do for a start? :wink: :wink: Good news though - the damaged wall next door is now under repair. I asked the builder if he could incorporate some spikes in it :Oink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I am painting a shed in the rain.

Ahhh 'pissed off'...I missed the off bit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 729, 730, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735 ... 737  Next